How much did you weigh...

How much did you weigh when you got pregnant? I'm struggling with this because I have been trying to lose weight with no success. My first pregnancy I weighed 225 when I got pregnant and wound up being about 255. (I'm 5'7")
I never lost the weight, and now my daughter is two and I'd really like to give her a sibling, but I don't want to wind up being 300lbs. I want to lose the weight first but it is just not seeming to come off, and now I may be pregnant (on accident, I am not comfortable with purposely trying to conceive while this big) so I'm afraid I'm just going to be enormous and gross looking and have health problems and give the baby problems because of how fat I am.
Has anyone else here had such a high starting weight? How did pregnancy go for you?

FluffyMamaBunny

Asked by FluffyMamaBunny at 2:28 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• well for starters i have PCOS so weight loss and gain is tricky......I was 173 lbs (5'11") when i conceived my first child and gained 70 lbs, was 243 at delivery.....lost 29 within 4 wks and slowly gained it ALL back.....even gained 10 more over the course of 2 years. Was 252 when i conceived my 2nd (when my 1st was 2 years 1 month old) and then gained 11 lbs with him and was 263 when i delivered. Then lost 23 within 3 wks post pardum and then slowly gained it all back by the time i conceived number 3 (currently 12 wks) when baby #2 was 8 months old......was 264 when i conceived #3 and so far have LOST 8 lbs since i've been pregnant (256) :D This is our last and i'm not worried.....i have the rest of my life to lose the weight these babies gave me <3
    kness7

Answer by kness7 at 3:05 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I've been there, mama. My starting weigh was 232. My final weigh in was 244, so that was good. I actually got up to 261, because my appetite increased dramatically while I was breastfeeding. I'm in the process of losing the weight, and I'm down to 235, so that's a big step. My pregnancy was fine, but my labor was super complicated, and ended in an emergency c-section. I hope to be at a healthy weight when we start trying for #2. I'm making a lot of lifestyle changes that are working really well for me. I'm exercising regularly, working on portion control (one of my biggest issues), and eating clean (I have a journal about it if you want to know what that is). Feel free to PM me if you want some support. You can do this! Being an example to my son is one of my biggest drives to get to a healthy weight, and live a healthy lifestyle. He "helps" me exercise every morning. =) Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i was 160 and was down to 120 when i had my son, but the drs say i lost wieght instead of gaining because i was eating smaller meals even though i was eating more often. Right now im up to 170 and am also ttc, i am actually over weight for my height.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:46 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have PCOS too. I know I have the rest of my life to lose the weight, but I feel like it will be even harder once I have another baby to take care of. But then, I feel like it will take SO LONG to lose this weight that there will be too big of an age gap. And that because of the PCOS, my biological clock is ticking, and the longer I wait the harder it will be to get pregnant. And then I go back to, health issues and looking yucky. *sigh*
    FluffyMamaBunny

Comment by FluffyMamaBunny (original poster) at 3:09 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You might loose weight with the new baby. Hope you are taking your prenatal vits.
    trashymom

Answer by trashymom at 4:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• With my son Before pregnancy weight was 125, after pregnancy weight was 165. With my second son I about 170 when I got pregnant. My ending weight after that pregnancy was 215! I am currently pregnant with my 3 child and I weighed 280 at first but lost about 20 lbs due to morning sickness. I am Now 260 and still at the weight. I am 23 weeks pregnant and only have 17 weeks left! All you can do is eat healthy and exercise doing different routine exercises each day. It helps you a lot! So far I am looking good for not gaining any weight with this pregnancy!
    CreedMama3

Answer by CreedMama3 at 7:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010