Is it too late to make a difference?

With all the satistics on the Ozone layer, the debt we owe to other countries, the disfunctional family now being a norm, the out of order classrooms,high rate of unemployement, and Social Security being almost bankrupt, Do you think we can still make a difference and get our Nation in some kind of order/balance?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• It's never too late to make changes within your own families, and local communities and expand outward from there. IF enough people started to demand more in their personal lives, MANY of the societal problems would eventually cease to exist, and it would trickle UP to our state and national elected officials!

As a whole, the citizens of this country have become irresponsible, unaccountable, passive, and dependent on others to see them through every problem--large or small, temporary or long-term--so it's no wonder they elect people who continue to perpetuate this mindset.

I have always felt that I cannot change the world, but I can control my little corner of it. If everyone adopted that same attitude, things would be a lot different.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:17 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It's never too late, but someone has to actually act.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I am definitely hopeful. It seems that it is a repetitive cycle and we seem to come through.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 3:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• There is always room for balance. There is always a crisis and always a solution.
    JuJubean1979

Answer by JuJubean1979 at 4:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• There is always room for change and always someone to fix it, but the question is, WHO!? ...and why are they waiting?
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 5:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I sure hope it is not too late.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 6:05 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We'll never know if we don't try

Answer by admckenzie at 7:20 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I always believe that we can make a difference! I do it every day by making my decisions that are right for me and my family. I don't care what the latest craze is, if it doesn't suit me or my family it isn't going to happen.
    Chele18504

Answer by Chele18504 at 7:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It is never too late to change! Unfortunately we tend to wait until things spiral out of control before there is a collective desire to make a change. There is still hope and people need to remember that one person can definitely make a difference.
    slw123

Answer by slw123 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I don't remember who said this, but there is a famous quote that goes, "All evil needs to prevail is for good people to do nothing."
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010