Any natural way to bring the blood sugar down?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 3:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• Cinnamon. It's been proven, a tablespoon or two of cinnamon a day incorporated into your diet will lower your blood sugar. You can also take capsules if you don't like cinnamon or can't find a way to work it in.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:19 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• exercise
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 3:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• What helped me in the past is to walk for at least 15-20 minutes. I did so walking up a couple hills, even a few blocks to a mile. Drinking a lot of water also helped, but keeping moving. I'm diabetic so I try to watch it.
    mommieGem

Answer by mommieGem at 3:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Cinnamon does help alot, my moms diabetic and she eats cinnamon regulary and her sugar levels are rarely high.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 3:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I'll have to try that. My son is a type 1 diabetic on insulin. Great question.
    mollgirl

Answer by mollgirl at 8:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My mother in law will take shots of vinegar. It seems to work for her, but I have never heard of it before. She brags about controlling her sugar with "diet and and exercise". Nope, she just drinks vinegar and eats whatever.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Cinnamon, vinegar. I use Dr Whitaker's Glucose Essentials. It's all herbal. Even though you are in a wheelchair & on oxygen, you can still exercise. You can do arm exercises. Any exercise will help lower your sugar. A diet high in greens with a little lean protein will help too.

motherofhope98

Answer by motherofhope98 at 11:53 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I forgot to tell you. I'm in a wheelchair and on oxygen. Great ideas! Thank you
    Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 3:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2010