do you know all of your neighbours?

san78

Asked by san78 at 6:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• no
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 11:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yes. I have lived on this little dead-end street for 90% of my life. There are actually 3 other houses that have the same, or directly related, family living there for more years than I have been alive :)

Selling Girl Scout cookies this year also helped - and every single person we asked bought some!
    .science.mom.

Answer by .science.mom. at 7:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No. I am good friends with the neighbor to the right of us, but barely acquainted with the rest. There have been several people to move in and out so I just don't bother. I'm not a very social person anyway.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 6:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• barely, my DH knows em a little, but I'm not much past the "hello" stage. Other than what I see them doing around the house, I dunno know much about em on a personal level
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 6:58 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I live on a cul-de-sac with 12 houses, been here 6 years, wave and say hello when I see them but have only visited with 3 neighbors. I find it sad that I don't know them better, wouldn't go borrow a cup of sugar. I babysit for my next door neighbor sometimes but I reached out to her when I new she was ready to have her third child and no family around.
    Librarylady60

Answer by Librarylady60 at 7:19 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I know the neighbors for a few houses in either direction.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 7:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No I am not friends with my neighbors. I know who they are cuz there is always that one neighbor that informs us of who is who, but for the most part I stay to myself. I am not a person who trusts fully and therefore tend to stay by myself, I feel safer that way.
    Chele18504

Answer by Chele18504 at 7:53 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I live on a court with 15 houses and I know most of my neighbours.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 8:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No but I keep to myself-so I don't mind. I say hello and wave but that's it
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 8:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Not all, but a lot. My biology teacher from high school lives just a few houses down, there is an elderly lady who lives across the street, the next door neighbors are nice and in the house next to them is one of the girls from our Girl Scout troop. The house catty-corner from us is empty now, but another one of our Girl Scouts used to live there.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 9:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010