What makes you happy?

Do you have a secret to your happiness? Do you believe happiness is a state of mind?

Librarylady60

Asked by Librarylady60 at 6:59 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• absolutely. Happiness is all about the attitude you wake up with in the morning. If you get out of bed thinking how much your life sucks, how bad your day is going to be, etc, then it will be a bad day. If you get up and think about all the possibilities for good things that may very well happen and think about how blessed you are to even be alive no matter what your situation in life is, then you'll be able to have a better day. With a positive attitude, even if bad things happen, you can deal with them better. When something bad happens, ask yourself - is this something that is going to matter in 5 years? If it's not, then don't stress about it. Don't sweat the petty things. Just take life as it comes and find joy wherever you can. Even homeless people can be happy, I've met some who are. It's not about your job, how much money you have, your car or your house. All that matters is the gift of life.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 7:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Zoeyis makes a good point....fulfilling goals certainly provides me with happiness

.....activity and experiences make me happy....which is why for christmas, I'd rather receive tickets for a play, or for a promise to take me somewhere to do something I've never done than to get me anything material.... and when given the opportunity to spend money on me, I spend it DOING something with my kids to give them experiences....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 7:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Waking up every morning. At my age everything else pales in comparison. I get to wipe the slate clean every morning and strive to be a better person each day

Answer by admckenzie at 7:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• -reaching life fulfilling goals and having a purpose in life (that you like to do) does help attain a measure of mental happiness.

-hate to be cliche, but financial security also does add some measure of life quality happiness, as well, although money is not the end-all solution, it sure helps when you don't have to worry about where every dollar is going or how much is left and can just sit back and enjoy yourself.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Being w/ family & friends. Listening to my kids' laughter. The greetings I get from my 2 dogs. Snuggle time w/ my kids, Snuggle time w/ my husb! :)~ Being caught up on laundry (even just for a day) Having a clean car, a clean house & clean kids all in the same day. I dont think I'm asking too much. I'm pretty easy to please-right? :)
    mrsmom110

Answer by mrsmom110 at 7:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Everyone in my family being healthy......employed......I don't need much.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My family and friends!
    newmom28

Answer by newmom28 at 9:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Family.
    mpeada

Answer by mpeada at 9:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My children's giggles, snuggling my cat and dog (when she let's me, she is very hyper lol) and spending time with my family. I agree about the money, it doesn't make you happy, but without it you are so stressed you can't appreciate all the wonderful little moments in life.
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 10:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Drugs are the answer to my happiness. I used to be right on the edge of cranky and weepy. I told my gyno. Given our family history of suicide she put me on a mild antidepressant. Now I am clearly easier to get along with and not so sad.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2010