Has anyone ever bought a Visa giftcard to do online shopping ?

I want to do " Cyber" Monday but have no credit card and I am wondering if I buy one of these if they work . If so are there fees that the card charges ?

wentworth99

Asked by wentworth99 at 7:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• When I go grocery shopping I'll grab a couple as gifts or buy them online and have them sent directly from the website to the person.
    Zoeyis

Answer by Zoeyis at 7:13 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My sister has one that is only for online shopping. She won't buy online any other way. Each company has fees. Just google visa giftcard and go to the website and read all the fine print. My sister got her's through her bank so I don't know what fees she pays for that but you could call your bank and ask

Answer by admckenzie at 7:19 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• ive no idea
    san78

Answer by san78 at 7:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• When you buy it there is a small fee. It's about 2 or three bucks. Then you have I think a month to use ot. If there is any left they start taking fees off the balance.
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 7:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yes, but I found the Green Dot from Walmart to be somewhat of a pain.
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:05 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It probably will work, but there is a fee attached. I can't remember the amount. You'll have to decided whether it's worth the fee.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010