my 5 day old's butt is raw but i dont think diaper rash.. help!

near and around his butt hole is just red not bumpy or rashy. im thinking its from the acid or moisture. he is only 5 days old so i cant leave a diaper off. im useing destin and baby powder. can anyone help?

saraelf

Asked by saraelf at 1:01 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Don't use baby powder! The best thing to use and the doctors will say the same go to walmart and get buttpaste. That's what it's called it works awsome for my babies.
    Anonymous

• Boudreaux's Butt Paste
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• If that doesn't work within 24 hour or at least improved, then call the pediatrician.
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:21 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• heyy..congrats on your baby =)
    misty91

Answer by misty91 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• What kind of wipes are you using? Sometimes their skin can be sensitive to the wipes. Congrats on your little one!
    scrapbookmylife

Answer by scrapbookmylife at 1:30 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• yeah it sounds like he could be allergic to the wipes.. or even the diapers.. i would get sensitive skin wipes and see
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I would suggest using a washcloth (washed in baby detergent) to wipe him.. use either the medicated A&D Ointment or Butt Paste, and there's really no reason you can't leave his diaper off.. just put a towel or two under him and maybe lay a washcloth over his pipi (??) If you do tummy time at all.. def. leave the diaper off then and let some air get to his little butt.
    A little redness is normal, especially if the baby has pooped recently and it wasn't IMMEDIATELY changed. He's still processing amniotic fluid too, so that could be irritating him. Air is good.. it would be my suggestion.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• butt paste butt paste butt paste, it will be gone in a matter of hours, no kidding!!! I actually only used the sensitive wipes to begin with, and I haven't had many issues other than a time he had a diarrhea problem, and the butt paste got rid of it in hours...
    leoangel

Answer by leoangel at 2:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• im using parents choice. didnt have the money at the time
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 2:58 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Use baby wipes for sensitive skin. I think parents choice makes some. By the way, I have all ways used Parent's Choice. Do they still have the cloth ones. I love those.
    Anonymous