How to tell my mom I'm pregnant again?

So first pregnancy was a complete surprise, I was 17. Four years later, the girls (yeah we had twins) are 3, their dad and I are still together and though we get food stamps, he works fulltime while I go to school online. We are struggling at the moment and his job makes very very little money but we just got news from his mom that there is a job opening at her work paying 10 dollars an hour. So we decided to get pregnant though he hasn't gotten the job yet. My question is how do I tell my mom I'm pregnant again? I have a feeling she won't be happy about it and that really bothers me. Help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:22 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• She may not be happy about it but the idea will grow on her. I would wait until Christmas ans make a big announcement. Maybe bring your girls over in I'm a big sister shirts. Make it joyous and perhaps she will follow your lead. Best of luck.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 8:24 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I agree with But MOmmie in that if you are happy and not apprehensive about it, then she might follow your lead.....congrats by the way....even though you are struggling, you are working toward something....please keep it up !
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 8:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• did your mom help you get pregnant? is she going to pay for it? then why the heck should she care? it's your body, it's your family - she should not be judgemental about it. she should be glad she's getting another grandchild. you should not be afraid to tell her. it was your decision, she should accept that.
    congrats on the newest addition!!
    AngryBob

Answer by AngryBob at 8:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• The important thing is that you're an adult and are happy about it :-) Your mom will come around, even if right away she's not happy about it. Though honestly, I wouldn't tell her at Christmas. Even though it's a happy time, it's also very hectic, and sometimes can be stressful. If you suspect that your mom might not be as happy about it as you would like, telling her in front of everyone (and having her reaction be "public") might not be such a good idea, and could make things more difficult and awkward in the long run.

I would maybe consider having her over to visit, or meeting for a coffee or something and telling her that you were so excited, you had to share the news of the "present" that you and your so have gotten, and you couldn't wait until Christmas to tell her. Then just say it. That way, if she's happy, then she can enjoy it that much longer, and if not, she can get used to it before the 25th

congrats & gl
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 8:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Blurt it out! then run!

Answer by older at 9:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Older- The mental image that put in my head is hilarious. Like duck and cover! Ahhhhh! :0)
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• LOL OLDER but I do have to agree with you
    angelluvgoddess

Answer by angelluvgoddess at 3:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Just tell her maybe you could tell her about bfs new job at the same time? it will all work out in the end! I am sure your 22 girls are the light of her life... a third will be that much brighter~
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 8:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010