airport screening

has anyone flown lately from the east coast particularly to let me know how it was? did it change that much? did you get pat down? i heard they do pat downs on children too?

lambdarose

Asked by lambdarose at 8:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Travel

• It's not like you see on tv...no problems. No all airports have the screeners yet. Check your airport to see. Don't know if it was the holiday or just that it was new proceedures. Most people were using the scanner, my husband always gets a pat-down. Don't wear bulky clothing or lots of layers. You have to remove everything from pockets. We just take a plastic baggie to keep keys, change, etc. all together. I didn't see any children being patted down.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• thanks. i read it online and i was just curious.
    lambdarose

Comment by lambdarose (original poster) at 8:55 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My son flew and said most people were going throught he standard detectors and only a few were being pulled from the line for the scanner. Not everyone goes through a scanner.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We travel frequently..I go with DH on his out of town trips..I've not seen any difference. I've been patted down before and it's not like they want you to believe.
    meandmyshadow

Answer by meandmyshadow at 6:15 PM on Dec. 4, 2010

• i was wondering this too ..
    san78

Answer by san78 at 6:20 AM on Dec. 8, 2010