anyone get tired of just texts?

My family will just text. I call them and it just goes to voicemail. The only time they communicate with me is through text. It pisses me off, not sure what if anything I can do. I have said something and they just think it is quicker to text.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• There needs to be a mix of both. I have told my sons to call me in a text. They know now that I want to hear their voice. Plus some things are very involved and just cannot be discussed through a text. The new technology is fantastic but there is nothing that replaces the human voice!! GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Maybe if they text, just reply with "call me". I, too, want to hear their voice. I get upset when I leave a long voicemail and then I get a text saying I saw you called, what's up? I reply that I said it all in the voicemail, and get another reply, that they don't ever listen to voicemail. I understand your pain, and I'm trying to work on a solution, but the other end just doesn't want to do anything but text. I like a conversation, where you can hear them and they can hear you. Takes less time and is less confusing.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 8:53 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I thought I was the only one who got annoyed by over texting! There is a time to talk and a time to text 24/7 texting drives me up the wall....
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 8:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I prefer texting to talking anyday... I'm like your family then, I'll ignore the phone call, then quickly reply with a text, "Hey, saw you called, what's up..." Everyone I know pretty much does that, except my mom and my mother-in-law.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I get tired of that. I don't hate texting, I just don't want to text all the time. Many times I can just say whatever it is faster than I can type it and at least while I'm taling I can still do things because my hands aren't on my phone's keypad. I can use the speaker option and still work.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 9:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I HATE talking on the phone so if I can get you to email me or BBM me, I'm a happy camper.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:51 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I prefer to text and email. It's impossible to hear a phone call with my children and I'm on the road a lot! So shooting a text or email is so much easier! Plus my mom can't hear well so texting actually works better for us! But I do listen to my voice mails before calling back or texting! I also hate to leave a long message to have to just repeat it all again!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 1:38 AM on Nov. 29, 2010