Anyone else about..

to become a teen mom or already a teen mom?
I'm about to become one, I'm 16, and I'm getting alot of stick for keeping the baby from all of my friends, I'm 8 months pregnant now, and I'm just sick of it. It seems people just like to taunt me. Anyone got any tips on how to deal with it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Lose the friends cause they don't really sound like friends to me. You are about to have a child it's not about you anymore. You need to be thinking about your future instead of teenage problems. You put yourself in this position now you need to take responsibilty. Get rid of the people in your life that are going to make things worse.
    Anonymous

• if they were true friends, they would support your decision whether they agree with it or not.. im 19 and i get that alot too though
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:43 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I was 18 when i got pregnant and i was married too.(im 19 now) i had so many people gripe at me for getting married then to top it off two months later i found out i was prego. i dont think your friends realize how special a baby really is. Holding my baby everyday and just watching her smile at me is the most incredible feeling in the world. yes its hard sometimes and yes its going to try your patience but you can do it. if they were really good friends then they should support you and tell you they will help you in anyway they can. you are going through enough stress being pregnant at a young age you really dont need them bashing you. I think it is very great that you are keepin the baby.
    burtney0921

Answer by burtney0921 at 2:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I'm 19 and going on my third baby. Different pregnancies. I dont have many friends and the ones i do have are moms themselves. I would rather have my kids then my friends. Yes they are nice to have for support. But just think when you have your baby they aren't going to want to ahng out with you much because you will have to bring the baby everywhere and have to do things based on the baby. I would just get rid of the friends that give you crap for it They aren't really your friends.
    Anonymous

• I was 18 when I got pregnant and as soon as most of my friends found out I was and was keeping him they left. I was bothered at first but realized that no matter what I found out who my real friends were. The few that stuck around then are still my friends 10 yrs later. If they can't fit pregnant-you in their lives now then they won't fit mom-you in either and better to know who your real friends are.
    urthat1chick

Answer by urthat1chick at 2:17 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• teens that are moms and teens that aren't have very different ideas about life, babies, and what you should or shouldn't do. If your friends aren't parents themselves then the chance that they understand how you feel is very slim. I would find some friends who are mommies, or maybe befriend some older people who are more sympathetic to your decision. Good Luck!!
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 5, 2008