What is the best stuff to use for eczema?

My LO is 4 1/2 months and has come up with eczema, what products have worked for you?

mlmsm928

Asked by mlmsm928 at 9:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My DD get it on her back periodically. she does not have a bad case of it. I use the doctor prescribed cortisone cream and the baby bees face cream. I let the meds adsorb for at least 20 min before adding the lotion. A bad flare up will clear in about 5-7 days.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My son has had it for many many years. He uses 2.5% hydro-cortisone and Eucerin, it's a compound that they pharmacy makes and then on top of that he use Avon Oatmeal lotion.

Cindy18

Answer by Cindy18 at 9:20 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• i use gentle naturals baby eczema cream on my ds it works pretty good but it's a little greasy
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 9:21 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have tried everything on my son. I found what works for us. After a bath, I put Eucerin cream on him. I rub it in. Then I put a layer of Vaseline over that. It's gone in no time.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 9:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My solution is similar to layh41407's.... my son's eczema got so bad we took him to the ped who suggested smearing him in vaseline within 3 minuts of a warm bath...that's the amount of time the pours stay open, then during the day Eucerin cream. Gone in about 2 days. We do this whenever he starts itching, which is usually in the winter. Works great.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 9:53 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• oops, "pores" lol.
    gramsmom

• My ped recommended Dove's body wash instead of regular or baby soap. And then put lotion on right after the bath - what has worked best for us is AveenoBaby Soothing Relief Moisture Cream

Answer by missanc at 12:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My LO sleeps in Halo Technical Comfort sleepers almost every night. The fabric is called CoolMax, and it reduces itching and irritation, wicks away moisture, is very breathable, and has very soft seams. I also like how quick and easy it is to slip his feet/leg in and out for night diaper changes. Oh, and it's approved by the National Eczema Association.
    smittendorff

Answer by smittendorff at 4:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No dairy for you.
    Keep baths short and infrequent
    Put coconut oil on the affected areas.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2010