Ed Rendell:What do you think of him PA?

He vetoed the Castle Doctrine bill which had a LANDSLIDE pass ..bipartisan pass.Wth is wrong with Rendell? Is he in favor of criminals over good folks? Is he ignorant enough to think that justbecause folks can arm hemseleves and use deadly force if need be that PA will become the wild west? Look at states with the Castle doctrine..hmm i'm not seeing te old wild west around here..

What do you say PA?

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• Cannot. Stand. Him.

He said the bill encouraged a "shoot first, ask questions later, when the victim could simply retreat." Why should you have to ask questions if the person is entering your house.

He's really fiscally irresponsible, as well.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I am not from PA but I would say he is one stupid SOB.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I AM from PA. I am also a democrat. And I don't like him. I never really did, but what really pushed me over the edge was when he pulled funding from The Scranton State School for the Deaf. That school has been here for years and years, and he decided it wasn't worth funding anymore. I don't think he even thought about the children that attend, their families and the teachers. Some of them live there, others simply go to school there and the only other school for the deaf is in Pittsburgh, 6 hours away. Thankfully, that school bought it and it is now the Scranton School for Deaf and Hard of Hearing Children, it will remain in NEPA. He's an idiot.
    TARARENEE

Answer by TARARENEE at 9:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I was born and raised in PA ~ but I do not live there now, and would not go back. Not just because of Rendell, but his ilk are on my list of reasons.

To purpleducky, the Castle Doctrine says that if someone breaks into your home you have the right to defend yourself by any means, including deadly force, rather than try and escape. Expanding it to public areas means that if you feel threatened outside your home you have the same right to defend yourself, instead of 'hoping' you can get to someplace safe before anything bad happens to you.

We've had the expanded law here in SC for a while. No one (except gang members) is running around shooting at other people. There have been only a few incidents over a period of years and the evidence shows there was cause. The number of perps shot/killed in home invasions has risen ... but home invasion counts are nosediving.

Castle laws protect the victims instead of the perps.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 12:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I just looked it up....seems like it allows anyone to defend their home from intruders by giving them "permission"to shoot people entering their home, I don't like that.

***

Seriously?! You don't believe you should be able to DEFEND your HOME and family if some intruders broke in and intended to steal your stuff and/or harm you?! What if your grandchildren were in your home at the time?! WOW. And WHAT would YOU have done, if this happened to YOU?!

http://www2.counton2.com/news/2009/feb/11/gun_battle_in_a_neighborhood-ar-546414/

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 4:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I don't care for him at all...
    He is a politician with a degree in b/s extraordinaire, lol, we all know what that means, his lips move but you can NOT trust a word that he speaks...
    agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 1:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I'm not from PA, but I have family there. We all think he's a moron.
    SavageGrl

Answer by SavageGrl at 5:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Now now girls. Ya'll be nice to gert. She doesn't need a gun to defend herself....she could just show 'em her pink bikini.

I am all for Castle Law, of course I am from Texas and we sort of wrote the book on such things. As a lifelong church attending Christian I think the Lord did not mean for "thou shalt not kill" to mean let them kill you instead.

If you break into my home you are as good as dead. If you attack me while I am outside of my home I will shoot you without a moment's hesitation. I don't even need a gun though...a 5 lb bag of potatoes works in a pinch....just ask the guy that assaulted me at the grocery store. I put his ass in the hospital.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Sorry OP...if the guy doesn't think people should have the right to defend themselves ANYWHERE they may be....he is a MORON.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yes, Lorikeet and TN...in the rare chance that someone came into my home , I guess I would be one of those victims.....but I do refuse to kill. Its one of the Ten Commandments. And I would have been a "Conscientious Objector" if they were drafting women into the Military. I truly do not believe owning a gun is a sane thing to do.

***
    Boy, you really ARE a pacifist--no wonder you and your MILITARY ex-husband couldn't make it work!! The "funny" thing about Commandments is they're like wedding vows (since we're going with the Christian angle), if one person doesn't believe in them, they don't mean a damn thing!

And I think it speaks VOLUMES about your character that you would have no problem being a DRAFT DODGER back in the day!! You want the benefits of living in a free country that offers so much for it's people, but you don;t actually want to WORK for or DEFEND it!! Pathetic, if you ask me.
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:58 AM on Nov. 29, 2010