i have two boys and a 1 mo old girl my boys r 2 - 3 how can i get them to stop fighting all the time

mommaslilgirl

Asked by mommaslilgirl at 9:14 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Make sure they are getting the one on one time they need with your SO and you. And they are getting praised when they do things right. They will be able to share more and have do cooperative play when they are a little older. A lot of the hostility between them might be because of needing more attention and all of the changes with the new baby. GL
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• This is totally normal, try to diver their attention when this happens.

Answer by older at 9:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• they get all my and daddys attention and they love there lil sister they love to help with her and it dint start till we let there annt move in and she has a boy that is 7
    mommaslilgirl

Comment by mommaslilgirl (original poster) at 9:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Well, that is a different situation! There is a lot of competition now, maybe, for that child's attention. Or they feel like their "space" has been invaded and they now have to share with a third child. They are under a lot of new pressure with a 7 year old in the home.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:43 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I noticed when my kids couldn't find something to play on their own they would act up this way. I would take them outside to get fresh air at the park and possibly find kids their own age to play on the monkey bars, or something of that sort.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• they're fighting for attention.
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Not sure. My brother, sister and I fought like cats and dogs. Good luck.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:56 PM on Nov. 29, 2010