Any problems when you voted?

I went to vote, it took about 5 minutes, but when I got out of the car, I was approached by a woman. She was handing out "sample ballots". All of the democratic candidates were selected. She then said, "This is a sample of what your ballot need and should look like when you are done." Upon entering the building, it was then removed from my and hand and I was yelled at. I told the official that it was the person outside and I didn't need the help anyway. Should this have been allowed?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Problems when I voted? Yes, the socialist won. Hello?
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• akin, you keep bitching about the "socialist" taking your "hardearned money" and giving it to those who are "freeloaders".....but you stated in one of your (hundreds of) answers that you are at work replying to these. So, explain, please, how your money is so hardearned when you are using your employer's computer, as well as time that he is paying you to be working, to sit here and spew your petty, childish, immature remarks that don't even make sense or have any facts behind them? Seriously, get off the friggin stick that's up your ass and go do your damn job. We're sick of your stupidity.
    Anonymous

• That wasn't my point. I was speaking about issues at the polling places and procedures. We can't change who won but be hopeful for the future. For those who wanted Obama, great. For those who didn't, there has to be something positive to hold onto.
    Anonymous

• I didn't have any problems. We get a sample ballot in the mail that we are allowed to fill in and take in with us, kind of as a cheat sheet so we can choose who we want before we go and not have to try to remember. I think that person was wrong for telling you how your ballot should be filled out, but I'm surprised that they yelled at your inside...I'd think they'd want you to have a sample filled out so you can just copy your choices and be done quicker.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 1:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• "spread the wealth" will destroy this country ...PERIOD!!!!!!!!! I hope he doesn't take it to that level or he will be in for a rude awakening. We shall see.
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 1:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I posted the question. I was trying to get a feel for any issues like I was experiencing. This was NOT a question to further destroy policy and issues questions and whether or not you like our president elect. PLEASE. I had hoped that after the election I could actually ask a mature question w/o personal preferences to candidates and their policies be bashed on something that has nothing to do with them.

I did not vote for Obama but you know what? I have tried to be very positive and I am proud of our country for voting for an African American after so much of our negative history. But, please respect my original question and be mature ladies.
    Anonymous

• Thank you, TropicalMama, for seeing the true question and responding to the question.
    Anonymous

• It is your right to bring certain publications into the voting booth. ( Probally anything is allowed in the booth, but I'm not exactally certain) I'm really not quite sure what you are asking?
    Should you have been yelled at? No
    Should the person who gave you the publication get in trouble? I don't know.
    With your situation look up the state laws is all I can say.
    FishingMama

Answer by FishingMama at 1:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• Well for starters at my polling place they didn't even asked for ID, I even question if I needed to show them ID and I got told "NO it wasn't necessary"!!! Corruption right there!!! And I won't hide behind anonymous and my screen name should be an indication that I'm in the great state of Illinois! Illinois, in my opinion, is very corrupt right now we haven't had a HONEST Gov. in AGES! Ryan (R) was corrupt and our current governor is no better..... Oh and it's not just the higher ups but it's the lesser ones too and it showed when the election JUDGES didn't require me to show my ID. I asked several people about it and got told by several people that they NEVER showed prove of who they were......UGH!!!
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 1:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• thats crazy
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:20 PM on Nov. 5, 2008