When is it ok to start giving your child yogurt and baby cookies? I have been reading everywhere but there are all different answers. When did you all start?

asheley1212

Asked by asheley1212 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby was EBF untill she was about 7 months. The reason you dont' want to start babies on solids too early is you will introduce bacteria to the gut. Breastmilk is sterile. So if you formula feed, t doens't matter when you feed solids, cause you baby has already been introduced to non-sterile food. (FORMULA IS NOT STERILE!) It also depends on when your baby looses their choke reflux. Babies will stick their tounge out and "choke" when solids are introduced if they aren't ready. Their tounge will push it out, instead of pushing it back. Check out www.kellymom.com on deleying solids.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 1:11 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I stared my daughter on YoBaby baby yogurt when she was 8 months old. I was told that is the only one to give them before they are a year old. She loves it!! As far as baby cookies, if you mean like the teething biscuits. I would say when she can sit with support. They can be very messy, so I would put her in the highchair and let her eat away.
    hutch2579

Answer by hutch2579 at 1:12 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I started my dd on teething biscuits at 6 months,yogurt a bit here and there same with any other dairy product! She is 8 months now and last week is the first time I gave her "little puffs" she LOVED them!! Also her doctor told us if you want to start them on different things just watch for any rash ect. so.....I give her all sorts of soft foods now.
    RedneckMommy88

Answer by RedneckMommy88 at 2:03 PM on Nov. 5, 2008