ACID REFLUX?

So I've had acid reflux the last few weeks, and I've heard the heart-burn and everything is all normal...however I've taken a rolaid (doc, recomended), but what other items are good all natural things for this? Anyone know?

(32 weeks pregnant)

b_stotka

Asked by b_stotka at 9:27 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• ugh. The Acid Reflux was the worst thing ever!! I couldn't find ANYTHING to make it go away when I was pregnant. Once the baby was born, it was gone!! Good luck.
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 9:29 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Eat smaller amounts at meals, more freguent healthy snacks. See if you can figure out what foods are causing the most problem. Often it's fatty foods or ones with lots of acid, like orange juice, tomatoes, coffee and tea. If it bothers you when you lay down at night, prop the head of the bed up. You can get bed risers that are usually used to raise the four posts of the bed so you can store things underneath, just use two at the head of the bed. We just slid a couple of 2x4's under, at the doctor's suggestion. No you won't slide off the bed, and DH said he didn't notice it at all. Extra pillows also helps. Good luck.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:36 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• with my first it was really bad, i was popping tums and all sorts of stuff with no luck. my midwife told me that there are two different types of acid reflux, the first being too much acid, and the second lesser known is that you dont have enough acid. she told me to take about a Tbls. of vinegar. (i know, but desperate times call for desperate measures) well anyways i did and it worked. i actually only treated it like 3 times and never had it again for the rest of my pregnancy.
    momslikeme366

Answer by momslikeme366 at 9:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• prilosec or zantec or others that are over the counter and advertised everywhere. Sometimes cutting back on the foods that are causing the problem can help too.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:09 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• With any over the counter medicine you need to consult your doctor before taking. However, I read in a pregnancy book that eating small meals tends to help with acid reflux.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• when you lay down make sure it's on the LEFT side, really helps! There are prescription heartburn meds you can take while preg. ask your doctor.
    anichols1

Answer by anichols1 at 3:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My husband swears by a teaspoon of baking soda in a glass of water. It works for him. The old wise tale says your new baby will have alot of hair though.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:47 AM on Nov. 30, 2010