When you had your baby,how many of you didnt get much sleep?

i heard some babys where quiet and would only wake up to get fed,but others would just cry and cry during the night not giving you time to sleep...
just curious i know all babys will be different but two sides to hear is nice.

misty91

Asked by misty91 at 1:19 PM on Nov. 5, 2008 in Pregnancy

• my baby is 5 days old and so far he wakes up 15-20 mins before feeding time eats and goes straight to bed. the only reason he will cry is if he doesnt get fed enough and is placed in his bed to sleep.
    saraelf

Answer by saraelf at 1:22 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• :) When I was breastfeeding she woke up every 2 hours like clockwork. Which was fine since my breasts were full every 2 hours anyways!
    When we started formula feeding (around 1 1/2 months) she went to at least 4 hours before a feeding (to bed at 10pm, wake up at 2am, right back to sleep, wake up at 6am, eat, and then back to sleep until about 8'ish)
    Now at almost 6 months old she goes to bed around 9 (sometimes 8) and usually sleeps until about 5 or 6, sometimes (about a 50/50 chance) she wakes up around 2 for a feeding, but those keep getting more and more rare these days.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 1:25 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• I slept on a recliner for the first 6 months of my sons life because he would scream the second I put him in his crib. He would only sleep on me, even then he still woke up every hour. Plus, he was colic so he would scream from 7-10 every night. He's 2 now, and well he still doesn't sleep through the night. He really just is a terrible sleeper.
    teddybear515

Answer by teddybear515 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My niece wont sleep but maybe 30 mins then up for 2 hours on and off all night. My daughter slept all day was up all night till we got her straight and my son we had to wake him up to feed him!
    Beccah2

Answer by Beccah2 at 1:26 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my son is 6 months old- the first couple weeks was hard becuse he had night and day mixed up, but after that he woke up every 2-3 hours to eat (he was breastfed) now that i switched over to formula he sometimes wakes up to eat once or twice- and sometimes none. but the first few months i looked like a walking zombie. lol
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 1:37 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• all babies wake up every few hours in the first months of life to eat. its just the way it is. some babies cry more; some sleep less; some a little more but in the end they are all hungry so they wake up. so you might get 3 or 4 hours sleep at a time or you might get 1 or 2. depends on the baby. as they get older & can eat more they sleep longer. mine all slept through the night by 4 mo but some babies take longer then that (and "all night" really just means about 6 hours in a row)
    Anonymous

• My 5 month old goes to bed every night at 8:30 and wakes up about 2 and then at 5ish. So for a while they will wake up every few hours. Its a great part of motherhood. NO SLEEP!
    QTMamma01

Answer by QTMamma01 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• My first baby I slept alot. I slept when she sleep, so like 18 hours a day LOL.... My second baby was harder to sleep because I had a one yr old too, but she was taking 3-5 hour naps in the afternoon so I got to sleep a bit still like 10-12 hours, not all at once but its sleep. Now I have a 3 yr old and 2 yr old who do not nap most of the time and I have to keep up on the house work when I can and take care of the 2 babies, I do not get alot of sleep. Maybe 6 hours?
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 2:39 PM on Nov. 5, 2008

• my son had reflux and i had to feed him 3oz over the course of an hour everytime he woke up and he woke up evry 3 hours. i had to feed him 1/2oz and wait 10min with him sitting up on my shoulder then give him another 1/2oz and i would repeat it til he was done then he would wake up 2hrs later and i would have to do it again. you wont know how YOUR baby is going to be until you have him/her and you get home.
    Anonymous

• I breast fed, so I didn't sleep that much. Plus I started my night job after 1m postpartum. It was rough for a while. Mine slept through the night at 6m on the dot.
    charisma10

Answer by charisma10 at 3:40 PM on Nov. 5, 2008