Will you be giving gift cards this year?

I always leave that thinking in place as a last resort. I've done it in prior years, but I always try to find something that the person would enjoy and if I can't come up with anything then I go with a gift card. How about you?

CafeMochaMom1

Asked by CafeMochaMom1 at 10:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• I am going to be sending my 3 granddaughters gift cards in place of gifts I hardly ever see them not sure what they like and it will be cheaper then finding a present for each of them and then adding postage onto that.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We give the cards that can be used at any store in a particular mall near the recipient. Then they can buy whatever they want and have many stores to pick from. Once they are older and on their own we have no idea what to get them.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:17 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I will typically get gift cards for those hard to buy for teenagers in our family, but other than them I don't get them for anyone else.
    Queenofscrap

Answer by Queenofscrap at 10:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think gift cards are impersonal.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 3:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No. We only buy for the kids in the family. And we buy them something small.
    Snewo

Answer by Snewo at 10:47 PM on Nov. 29, 2010