chirstmas gifts for the kids. what is the normal price limit do you spend

i have a 8yr old son and a 4yr old daughter. what is the normal price limit do you spend on each child. i do not have any idea and i do not want to go over board. there is just so much stuff out there and it is easy to go over. if any of you girls have any idea's please let me know. i want to do things right and not go into dedit just becasue of gifts.
thanks

horselover2

Asked by horselover2 at 10:04 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• My daughter is 8 and I think I have spent about $400.00 on her so far. For me there isn't a set price I would when my older 2 ages 33 & 30 were little make sure they had the same number of gifts to open.
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Less than $100. In fact, this year it will be about $50, although in other years it has been closer to $100. There will always be others with more - and less. It isn't about the dollars spent and it isn't about getting a lot of gifts.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 10:08 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I set a $40 limit on everybody on my list
    BlueCollarMama

Answer by BlueCollarMama at 10:09 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My kids are 10 and almost 8: this year we spent $100 on each and then another $100 on their "Santa" gift for them to share.
    samps97

Answer by samps97 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I usually go by the number of gifts than the price. Everyone always gets an even number.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2010