Too stupid to survive?

Gawh.... have you ever wondered if your husband is too stupid to survive? (Okay - this is just a joke thing - but good grief don't they make us nuts sometimes?)

My DH is a wonderful person and an even more wonderful husband - there isn't much that I can find "wrong" with him --- until it comes to household chores! He's had the weekend off for Thanksgiving, and I swear if he don't go back to work soon, I'm gonna have to hire someone just to help me clean up from him being home.

Thursday - I stood in the 4x4 space and cooked for 8 hours straight (we stayed home this year, no guests, just us) - I spent the whole week thawing the turkey, injected it, went and got the propane, set up the pot and started the heat, BUT he took credit for frying the turkey because he dropped it in the oil) yet when he talked to his dad "WE cooked for ourselves this year".
Friday - went shopping, he bought boots, the box is Still sitting on the table - got a free duffle back and it's still sitting by the door. Now there are 5 pair of his shoes sitting by the stairs. Including one pair of brand new shoes that he bought, but now has decided that they area too tight, but he don't remember where he bought them (A WEEK AGO) and he threw the receipt away.
Saturday I got up at 5AM - we'd decided to unpack some of those boxes that never got unpacked - *I* worked my ass off for 6 hours unpacking and making room and putting things away (while he slept in till damn near noon) - the empty boxes got put out for him to breakdown and throw away (least he could do since "WE" planned to do this together....) when he finally got up, he gave me the whole "hurry up and get dressed, I wanna go have breakfast"
Today I got up, walked down the stairs and ran into the stack of boxes in the dining room, so I broke them down and put them in the back of his truck. He slept in till 8, showered and walked right by his closet full of shirts - went straight to the dryer and pulled out a wrinkled shirt and put it on - then said - "do I have a un-wrinkled shirt?"

Now I love my husband dearly - and none of that stuff is anything major at all, but omg - sometimes their days off means we are destined to have extra work when they do go back to work.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:11 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• OH I UNDERSTAND!! Hubby great but WOW!! I hate the WE thibg to, cooked all day Thur he gets up puts nice shirt and pants on and comes down fresh showered and rested calls mom and tells her how we been up since 6??Their great but sometimes dont think it through
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:30 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You got it. DH kinda figured out this morning that I was feeling a little cranky - so true to his nature, the butt-kissing began, AND while he was in the middle of trying to kiss up (and volunteer to clean off HIS man-shelf FINALLY) -- he threw his truck keys away! Yet *I* dug to the bottom of the can to fetch them for him because he was not about to go digging in the trash because he was "Sure" he wouldn't have thrown them away. I'm telling ya, I do love that man of mine. He keeps me on my toes, that's for sure. But he is an "at-eye-level-on-the-shelf-right-in-the-front-or-he-can't-find-it" kind of man.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I always tell my husband he'd be dead without me. He literally doesn't have to think about any aspect of his day except what he does at the office. Everything at home is taken care of, like magic. If he's running low on something, poof!, it's magically back in the cabinet. Clothes dirty, poof!, magically clean on hangars. Lawn needs mowing, poof!, grass is cut. Christmas decor needs to go up, poof!, it's done before he gets home.
    I don't know how he'd adjust if I wasn't around.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Right there with you!!! Love my boyfriend dearly, works his butt off for 10 days 10 hours days but when he is home for his 4 days off... he doesn't do nada!!!! I wonder what is going to happen when i have the baby??? is he gonna help? plus he has 3 kids from his past..
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2010