Have you ever lied and told your SO

Have you ever lied and told your SO (or an ex, I suppose) that you had a miscarriage when, in reality, you didn't? To gain pity or try to make him become more caring toward you? I know quite a few girls who have done this and I'm just curious how common it is

BoundHearts

Asked by BoundHearts at 10:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• NOOO! That's just horrible!!! If you need to lie about something like that to get pitty or make him become more carring, you need a NEW man, period!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 10:17 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• WOW!  The thought has NEVER crossed my mind.  What an incredibly cruel and heartless thing to do.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:23 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No, would be afraid to jinx myself or bring on problems
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:25 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• no i have not
    if i ever even thought of this...i would put myself into therapy right away
    this is a huge cry for help, a cry for
    "help!, I am a nut case and have zero reguard for others, help! I am a desperate person with zero self esteem, help! i have lost my marbles and nothing left to play the game of life with"
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 10:26 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• NEVER! That's a horrible thing to do. I can't even imagine doing something like that to anyone let alone my Husband who I love so much!
    OBImomma

Answer by OBImomma at 10:28 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• OMG, never. That is so preverted. I think someone would have to be mentally unstable to even think of that.
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 10:34 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• God no, what kind of person does that crazy crap.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 10:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Holy crap - I'd tell any man to run like his head was on fire if he had a gf that would do something like that. A girl would have to have some serious issues to do something like that.
    ShelbyShareAlot

Answer by ShelbyShareAlot at 10:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Absolutely NOT. Who does that? Someone pathetically needy. I know a girl that did that, the guy finally wized up and dumped her. People like that need serious psychological help.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:16 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• NO, what a cruel and mean thing to do to someone who you are suppose to love. If you need to do that drastic a thing for someones love, then obviously you need to move on, & then go to her Dr's. office . She's not being fair or loving to the man she's suppose to love, just deceitful.
    MyAngel003

Answer by MyAngel003 at 11:47 AM on Nov. 28, 2010