• In the Spotlight:

daughter has had vefer for third day today, now i have slight one

i have kept hers in check with fever reducer, nights are tossine and turning but she is acting almost herself except not eating which may be good as first this in am when waking for real, she has almost thrown up today and yesterday morning

i did the temp thing on me to show her it does not hurt, well, now i am 99.5 and feeling pretty hot
what is best way to keep my fever in check?

man! everyone one o talk to has been sick or knows someone close who is- wisconsin

i am single mom, i can not get sick, i have my mom around but she is older and unable to care for daughter much

fiatpax

Asked by fiatpax at 10:37 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• continued...
    I am in WI too and there are a few things going around- 2 of my kids are getting over being sick. I hope you and your daughter feel better and are healthy soon!!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• alot of things are going around. Go to doctor or even just call the doctor. Keep the fluids going like gaterade, sleep, medicine, and try to stay in if possible.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 11:18 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yes as moms we don't have time to be sick to have to suck it up and keep on going. What I do when I am sick is drink lots of fluids, take tylenol or excedrin (for fever), tea with lemon and honey (for sore throat or cough), I also rub Vicks on and I try to get rest. When my kids and I are sick at the same time what I do is push fluids, jello, chicken soup, popsicles, and we 'camp out' in the livingroom. I get the 'grown up' futon, 1 boy gets the kids futon and if others are sick they get to put sleeping bags on the floor and then we watch family-friendly dvd's and 'rest'.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:17 PM on Nov. 28, 2010