Is there a place your children are not permitted ?

I don't have any place, but my sister in law has a no-no room. It cracks me up.

mmmegan38

Asked by mmmegan38 at 10:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• No my house is our families home we go everywhere,now theres no reason for them to be in my room, or teens room w/o us but their welcome to come in and hang I just try to get them to ask and respect privacy (mostly for teen)
    raisingmen

Answer by raisingmen at 10:44 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No. I don't want them in my studio without me if I'm not going in (there are things that could hurt them) but I keep a watch on them. If they go on in, mom suddenly has work to do, problem solved.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 10:50 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• That is funny! my kids when they were young had no restrictions, but I know what you mean, I knew of a lady who went traveling and brought back dolls and foreign toys and set them up in display and the kids were not allowed to touch them, I thought that was kind of mean, to bring a toy that your kid can't touch??

Answer by older at 10:56 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• No, this is our children's home as well as ours. I would not want an area of my home I was blocked from. They hang out in our room with us sometimes to play games (we have four computers in here right now) or watch TV. We also do some of our school work in here since my computer is set up in here for now.

scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 11:00 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My child is free to wander wherever he pleases in our home.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:02 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My kids aren't allowed in my room, ever. The younger ones aren't allowed int he basement unless an adult is with them (we have a lot of band equipment). Other than that, it's free game. We've never put breakables up either.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 11:06 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My room and the bathroom are off limits. Of course they are allowed in there when I'm in there but I have stuff in my room that they shouldnt be playing with and ovious reasons about the bathroom. Other than that they are free to roam!
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 11:07 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My kids are young, and our room is the only room in the house that's not "baby-proofed", so they are not allowed in our room without us being with them.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 11:09 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yes, they can't be up my butt all day, lol. But seriously, my kids are allowed everywhere but are supposed to ask permission before coming into my room.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 11:58 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My sons were allowed anywhere in the house that they wanted to be. Since we had an extra TV in our room they often would go in there and watch TV.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010