need advise

I have a 19 year old he was going to school to get his ged he went for a year than he quit told me he was going to do it on putter its been 2 months , he has a young girlfreind all he does is work and spend all his free time with her he dont help around the house give us no money not that we would take it but dont offer, his dad is going to have back surgury he stays in bed all day i cant work , Dad got fired a year ago march as he fell off a ladder so we have no income cept what i borrowed from my dad, we only have 1 car its gone all the time , got into an accident last nov so the car is in bad shape , when i do talk to him about anything he gets mad . The girls mom he says is ok with him being there alot, . The husband dont say nothing to him as I said he stays in the room all day 24-7 . I tried to get medical, food stamps he tried to get ssi we got turned down so far 3 times I feel lost and mad . I dont have the best health i only have 1 kidney and have some medical problems . Please if anyone can give me some advise i,d so much apprecait it thank you

asnoflak

Asked by asnoflak at 10:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Adult Children (18+)

• Sit your son down and explain things and ask for help.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 10:45 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I agree with toot, sit down and spell out what you want and expect from him.

Answer by older at 10:54 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Sit your son down and explain things. And if he doesn't agree, be prepared to kick him out. Sorry but 19 yrs old, no GED, and not giving you any help....in my house his butt would be out on the street.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 11:01 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I seriously do NOT understand ADULT kids. They are sooo spoiled & self centered that they don't even care about their parents! I would INSIST on him paying rent! Don't be afraid, just lay it on the line or he can move out. YOU need help! I am sooo sorry, Mama
    NicolesMommy

Answer by NicolesMommy at 10:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• most kids forget that there more people that live at home he needs to hear whats real going on in the house tell him yes he will get mad but to be adult you have act like adult .you are the mom you can change the rules any time so start changing the rule
    1-to live in this house you will have to pay rent
    2-if you don't like the rules the door swings both ways in and out
    3-if you stay you must help out thats how family works
    dutchcanadain

Answer by dutchcanadain at 12:43 AM on Nov. 30, 2010