My daughter is allergic to cinnamon. When she was a baby she accidently got my hubby's cinnamon gum, and had blisters in and around her mouth. To make sure it was that, I took a teeny peice of the wrapper and put it on her back under a band-aid and checked it every few minutes. Sure enough, she started gettting a rash there. I told this story to her pediatrician to confirm, as well. She's five now, and if she has it accidentally gets it, the mildest she gets is diarrhea maybe and a rash around her mouth.
at 1:42 PM on Nov. 5, 2008