One of my sons eyes keeps swelling....???

My son Maxx is 14 monthsand Yesterday when he woke up from his regular afternoon nap I noticed the area under his left eye was quite swollen. He didnt eat anything new, i havnt changed anything around his crib, I dont see a scratch or a bite mark. The swelling went down a couple hours later but then again this morning when he work up is was a bit swollen again. He doesnt act like its bothering him. I have no idea what it could be ... any ideas?

shay33069

Asked by shay33069 at 11:10 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Health

• could be clogged tear duct and that is causing the swelling.. Call your health care provider to be see what it could be.
    Claudiomom

Answer by Claudiomom at 11:12 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He could be allergic/skin irritation to a change in detergent or softener you are using. If no change has been made to either, I would suggest washing the sheets & blanket he uses, because something may be irritating his skin. My husband's eyes do the same thing when I wear hairspray and he lays in the same area on our bed as I did while wearing the hairspray. just a suggestion :)
    luvmybgtwins

Answer by luvmybgtwins at 11:32 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He might havejust got some dirt or and eyelash stuck in it. When I was a kid it happened to me (I woke up will a swollen eye). The doctor said to put a warm towel on it and that would help reduce the swelling. If it happens again I would call the pediatrician just to check..
    Amellor1

Answer by Amellor1 at 11:48 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You may never know mama. Sometimes there are'nt anwsers with 14 month olds. Wait and see what happens. Good luck.
    rosetoes

Answer by rosetoes at 12:43 AM on Nov. 30, 2010