Selfish?

Okay I will be 39wk tomorrow my due date is Dec.6 my husband birthday is Dec.7. Well a couple of weeks ago while at one of my doctor appointments my husband and doctor got to talking and my husband asked if it was possible to hold out until the 7th. Doctor said as long as I dont go into labor before then and there is no complications she don't see why not. Well I go to the doc Tuesday and i really thinking about telling her I am ready this week. I told my husband this this morning and he has an attitude now. Do you think I am being selfish? I am just tired and uncomfortable, and ready for it to be over with. Besides I am tired of worrying if baby girl will be okay or not (found out at 30 wks that she has a csyst on her bladder). What do you ladies think?

nicjon

Asked by nicjon at 11:33 AM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• No, I understand completely on ALL accounts. But the baby just might not be ready hon. Sometimes they need that extra week to cook. I was pretty miserable my last month of pregnancy with both kids, it wasn't discomfort, it was pain lol. Take care and good luck sweets
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:35 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I get it too. YOu are done. But wait until you due date. Babies need to have mature lungs and ever day in the womb does them good. Make a deal with your hubby you will wait till the 7th if he is going to pamper you until then. That way you both win.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 11:39 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He wants the baby to share his birthday.. I can see the honor in that. I also know how tough the last weeks of pregnancy is.. With that said, I would just let nature take its course and have the baby when the baby is ready to appear.. That could be today or next week.. You are almost there, hang in a little while longer mommy :)
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 11:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I appreciate his desire to share such a special day with your new daughter and how wonderful that would be each year. However, I also understand how uncomfortable you are at this point and want to see your little one. He needs to remember that it is very likely you will have the baby before Dec 7th whether you opt to wait or not :-) I would personally try to wait until the 7th only because I am very sentimental about those things. I suggest to they to just let nature do the right thing and let her come when she is ready. But if it becomes unbearable then schedule the inducement and don't feel guilty about it.
    LillyMommy

Answer by LillyMommy at 11:40 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Your the one carrying the baby so your comfort is what matters the most. If it's something you can wait on I would. I think it sweet that your husband wants his b-day the same as his babies. In the end it is your decisionsince your carrying the baby, I wouldn't use the word selfish at all, I dont think it's selfish it's just one of those situations where you have to ask your self can you or cant you compromise. Whatever the end answer is, will be the right answer. 

Jenaiko01

Answer by Jenaiko01 at 11:41 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• The baby need to be born when the baby is ready, not when your ready. I get being uncomfortable... we all were at that point. But the baby health has to come before what's more convenient for you... sorry.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:42 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I understand both sides but regardless of if you are uncomfortable or not, unless you are having a planned c-section, I'd let the baby come out when it's ready. Every week counts:) Good luck.
    worriedmommy600

Answer by worriedmommy600 at 11:52 AM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yes, it is selfish to say we (the moms) are done.
    But we do, and we are done, and that *is* selfish...

As long as we don't actually intervene and add unnecessary risks, right?
    Thinking and feel is par for the course, acting on it would be unfair.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010