How to forget an ex?

I'm married and so is my ex for the past 4 years. I have not seen him or talked to him but i can't seem to get over him. I dream about him and feel like i'm still in love with this man. Separation hasn't helped and for respect for my dh i won't get in contact with him. So how do I get over him?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Well a good way is to keep yourself busy, or maybe find a new man. You can't repair whats broken but you've learned from the past and you can take that with you.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 12:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think you should just focus on your life now - your dh and kids. It's fine to never forget your ex - he was a part of your life and your relationship helped shaped you into the person you are today, I'm sure you took something away from relationship that made you into a better person. Just try to leave in the Here & Now - your dh & kids are your life, when you find yourself thinking of him try to switch it and think of your dh and the life you've made for yourselves.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 12:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Keep it in perspective, you have a life now, a family, and people that depend on you. It's time to move forward and realize why you are where you are right now..... The people that are in your life NOW are the ones that matter, not someone that doesn't exist in your life anymore...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 12:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• There is a great book called How to Fall Out of Love. It's an old book and an easy read. I got mine online for about a buck. It really helped. It uses Behavior Modification. Just read the chapters you need if you don't want to read the entire book

Answer by admckenzie at 12:51 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I agree with all of the above. U have to remember that the past is the past and you broke up for a reason. Keep your current life and your family close to your heart.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 1:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Remember what made your ex become your ex. We tend to forget the bad and replace it with glorified good. With that said, you may never get over him...there are certain men that stick to us like "herpes" and we will never be rid of that baggage but it doesn't mean that they are any good for us. Stay away from him! If he ever does call...unless you have children...don't answer. Good luck.
    ShouldHaveLeft

Answer by ShouldHaveLeft at 1:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I would remind yourself why is an ex. And I don't think you are in love with him, but unhappy with your current marriage. Talk to your hubby and look deep down and see how you feel about your current marriage. Not saying a divorce, but I would assume there is an issue somewhere.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 1:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I always remind myself, "the relationship didnt last for a reason". As the others have said, the past is the past! You have a husband and a child...time to focus on your blessed family
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 2:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Think of all the things you don
    t like about him and all the things you like better about your dh
    JackieGirl007

Answer by JackieGirl007 at 4:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010