how long did it take?

i was indused in the morning on january 6th i was a week over due everything was going right. the afternoon they backed off on my patosion, i started going into labor by myself. well things still going really easy for me my boyfriend and i just breathing thru the pain listening to soft music and relaxing. well around 5 i went into the bath i was in for 15 mins and got out the nurse wanted to check me and was at 5 cm and she put me in bed called the doc to come pop my water and then it started to get intence, my daddy came in to see how i was doing and it wasnt good couldnt talk to him at all it was to intence. well my dad walked out of the room and my water broke. well my doc wasnt there yet, the baby was coming i had the need to push and i told the nurse i wasn't waiting for the doc, she had to call the er doc to come up and deliver my daughter well the er doc barrley made it into the room i was crowning when he came in it only took me 8 mins to deliver my daughter and i knew it was 8 mins cuz my dad came in at 6 and 8 mins later they were shocked to see a txt with a pic showing her. after that everything was crazy with family!!!

sexymama223

Asked by sexymama223 at 12:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• I was a week late, induced, laying in bed contracting for 7 hours, then pushed my baby out in 5 min. I was SUPER lucky, it didn't even hurt! :O
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 12:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I was induced and was alread 4 cm when I went in (that was a month before my due date). Once I hit about 7, the nurse said she'd be back in about 2 hours to check on me. Well, I was VERY uncomfortable, and called her back in about 10 minutes later because I needed to move (epidural had me COMPLETELY numb). Well, she was going to empty my bladder, cause I told her I was feeling a LOT of pressure, she lifted up the blanket and the baby was almost out! WITHIN 10 MINUTES!!!! Dr. wasn't even at the hospital. Within 5 minutes dr was there and I was delivered minutes later. It was the fastest delivery ever!!
    AtHomeMommy-3

Answer by AtHomeMommy-3 at 12:15 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• For me with my first I was in labor for 17 1/2 hours. It took 45 minutes of pushing when I was finally at a 10.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 1:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2010