Chip Coffey?

Okay, so what does everyone think of this guy? He does a lot of different shows and whatnot, plus workshops and other things by which he SEEMS to genuinely want to help people.

BUT, I really wonder how much he's doing out of a want to help others and what he's doing because he loves money... I was on his website and read that he will no longer answer emails or phone messages but that you can schedule a phone session with him for $200.

Now, as his fame grows I can see why he wouldn't have time to answer 5000 emails a day or return every phone message. But $200 for a phone call when someone is asking you for help is just ridiculous!

What do you all think?

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 12:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• Well, I'm sure $200 limits the calls from quacks and people messing around. And that could get pretty overwhelming. I do believe he is genuine with his abilities and that is why people are so attracted to him. As far as his motives, only he and God know those.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Oh, I don't question that he does have gifts... But I guess to me, when people need your help, they need your help & $200 for a 15 min call is just crazy... Which is what makes me wonder if he does what he does because he genuinely wants to help or because he loves the money, cause you know he's making a pretty penny off the shows...

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have watched him on Paranormal State and he seems to be on target with what he picks up on that show. I did catch a few minutes of him on the psychic kids show, but I did not see it long enough to form an opinion of him other to say 'oh, that's Chip Coffey'. I can see where he would not have time to answer all of his emails, or phone messages but $200 for a phone session (in my opinion) is way over priced! Maybe he set it so high to 'weed out' fans from those who truly needed him? But still that is a lot of money!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Who is Chip Coffey? Is he a psychic ?
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It has to be a SCAM. That is ridiculous.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Oh yes I know who he is, he help alot of kids to understand there ability
    mamaofficer

Answer by mamaofficer at 12:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yeah, see that's why I'm not sure what to think. I think what he does do is really a good thing - usually - and that he's made great strides in helping bring some issues to light on a grander scale. BUT, I guess after finding out that he want's $200 for a phone session I just can't help but wondering WHY he does what he does... Is his motivation truly to help others? Or more financial? I wish I had had someone like him around when I was a kid trying to figure out my gifts, and I would love to work with him even now to help train me in my abilities (which I desperately need to focus on more) but at the same time for $200 per phone call, I could pay a nanny to take the kids for a weekend and go on a spirit quest without him...

**I wasn't planing on calling him, but seeing the fee really made me think, that's all.

Comment by SabrinaMBowen (original poster) at 12:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Any 'psychic' who asks for money in exchange for their 'gifts' is a fake and a crook IMO.

IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• IhartU, many genuine psychics make money off of their gifts. What is wrong with that? Lorraine Warren did Amittyville.
    Is a singer not a real singer because they made a billion dollar contract?
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You know... why can't people do things for each other without wanting something in return? If he really wanted to help people, he'd not just help those who are able to afford his outrageous fees. Oh, and you really made me laugh my ass off using Lorraine Warren as an example of a real psychic.
    IhartU

Answer by IhartU at 12:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010