My husband was raised Baptist and I am Penacostal by heart. What do I do? I do not feel like I am doing GOD the service that I can at my husbands church.

GODFIRST611

Asked by GODFIRST611 at 12:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I would also miss the spirit filled worship. I don't go to a Pentacostal, but a spirit filled non-denominational. I'd say do 2 services like others have suggested.Or maybe look for a church where you can both feel comfortable.
    kittieashy

Answer by kittieashy at 1:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Religious differences have nothing to do with God.....the differences have been created by MAN....and I wouldn't worry about it. God doesn't care which church you attend. You must love your husband and not be a slave to the agendas of churches.
    THIS is why I am so disgusted with ORGANZED Religion...they foster disagreements and place barriers between people,all in the name of GOD> ANd they are not speaking for God, they are speaking for themselves.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think worshipping with your spouse is important. I am Baptist and we clap during services, several people shout "Amen" when the preacher gets going, it just depends more on the church rather than the actual denomination. Why not try out different churches with your spouse and see which one is a good fit for both of you together?

Answer by missanc at 12:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Well you knew about the belief differances when you got married right? So you are going to have to make it work. Maybe you could do something with him, and in return he could do some stuff with you.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 12:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You should go to your church and he can go to his.

I was raised Babtist but once I went to a Pentecostal church....I NEVER WENT BACK TO BABTIST!! LOL I loved clapping my hands and shouting! So I got membership and been going Pentecostal ever since.... :)
    matthew9_22

Answer by matthew9_22 at 12:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I think you may be missing the "spirit filled" service. Maybe you could attend your church on Wednesday evening.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• why not just switch every week or go to your own while he goes to his
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 12:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Go to the church that calls you. There is nothing wrong with attending separate churches. Three C's to a successful marriage Communication, Consideration, and Compromise. Give it a try.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• oops, organized religion.
    ANd it is Baptist. Not babtist.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 12:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2010