Am I loosing my mucus plug?

Hi all, 37w5d pregnant here. I've noticed some bright yellow discharge, and also green discharge as well. I noticed it on my undies first, and then thought maybe i should look, so i payed attention each time i whipped and on the tissue i saw the discharge more like a yellowish brown, almost like what it looks like when your about to start your menstrual cycle, i looked this up and it said it could be the begining of me starting to dialate. I have had bad braxton hicks contractions and some bad back cramps too, What does this sound like to you?

expectinggracey

Asked by expectinggracey at 12:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Sounds like it might be your mucus plug.
    nicjon

Answer by nicjon at 12:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• sounds like you are starting to dialate.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• is this a safe time for me to start to dilate? at almost 38 weeks?
    expectinggracey

Comment by expectinggracey (original poster) at 12:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Dialation is not always an indication of labor, so it's perfectly normal to dialate some even months before labor. It's only an indicator when you are progressing dialation every hour. Your mucus plug can fall out 6 weeks ahead of time too. But just watch yourself, you'll know! So don't worry, you are fine! This is your body getting ready! :D
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• If it's the texture of snot, then that's most likely your plug. It can be in one big piece, or in many small clumps that come out over time, or something in between. I got a few small clumps, then the big chunk.
    Dilating happens at a different pace for everyone, and it's not indicative of labor. At this point, you're safe to labor if you were to go into labor. I've had women who weren't dilated at all and were holding their baby the next day. Then I've had other women who were dilated to 4 cm for months before they ever went into labor (and some of them have even gone late!). Don't fret about losing your plug or dilating, because they don't start any kind of clock for when you will go into labor.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You are considered term at 37 weeks, so if you are starting pre-labor and loosing your plug, it's not too early for the baby. My plugs were tinged Pink and had the look and consistancy of snot lol. I know that's gross, but that's what it looked like
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I definitely think it is part of your plug and you are either dilating or effacing. I was 100% effaced and dilated to 2 cm 3 weeks before dd was due. She still came a little early but its a good sign that you are dilating and effacing now. I think the BH is just part of it, just be aware and get that bag packed. Could be any day now. Congrats
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2010