HELP!!! STUPID RESUME!!

Can someone PLEASE help me with the opening paragraph for my resume!!?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• it's suppose to be about you and your work plus college information, and what you can bring to the table. So really only you can right it.
    TawnyMarlow

Answer by TawnyMarlow at 12:30 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• this is what i use on mine, but you'll have to change your expericence

OBJECTIVE: To obtain a full time position with a well established company that will allow me to utilize my skills and knowledge. I am highly motivated and a fast, eager learner. I have 5 plus years of experience in a face paced office environment. I have held many positions through out this time. Thank you for your consideration for employment.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 12:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You mean your objective? Your objective is your goal. What you want out of your job. If you are applying for a front desk position, something like 'seeking a front office position where my friendly demeanor and organizational skills will help lend a polished first impression to clients and customers.' Or somesuch. (it took me two months to write mine).
    Here's the thing - you don't NEED one. Leave it off if it doesn't add anything to the overall resume. Since you want to keep everything on one page, every line is valuable real estate. If putting a three line objective means you run out of room for some education or experience,leave it off. Unless you are changing careers, just entering the workforce, or haven't worked in a few years, you can do without one.
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 12:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I found some great books at the library about resumes. Some have some really great ideas and should help you word it in a way that suits you.
    Momforhealth

Answer by Momforhealth at 12:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Don't have a paragraphy. You just want a short one sentence objective. You can do into more detail in your cover letter. Here is an excellant website you should check out: resumetemplates.org

HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010