why is my dad and brother so mad?

ok so ive been a major daddys girl since ive been born and me and my brother were best friends. Why will neither of them talk to me since they found out im pregnant? My brother has a gf and kid so why cant i have a bf and kid without him getting mad? My dad has a wife and so idk why he is so mad either

pregojessi18

Asked by pregojessi18 at 12:35 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Ask them.....

Answer by older at 12:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It could be a lot of reasons- I think your best bet is talk to them and ask them. If they won't give you an answer then ask your brother's gf or your dad's wife- maybe they know what is going on.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Control issues?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• they wont talk to me at all. Me and there wife and gf dont get along very well either so they wont talk to me
    pregojessi18

Comment by pregojessi18 (original poster) at 12:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You'll never really know unless you ask.
    I'm assuming that since you said BF that you're not married - maybe they're upset with that. Maybe they wanted you to get married before having kids. It's a possibility. I know with I got pregnant with DD my family wasn't thrilled. I was doing good for myself, had a good job and making good money - that wasn't a factor, I had graduated college had a degree and everything. They were all upset because I wasn't married, even though DD's father and I had been together for 5 years before getting pregnant. Not being married was a big deal for them - they got over it in time. Maybe it's the same thing with your father & brother.
    Just come right out and ask them what's wrong.
    Jessica45

Answer by Jessica45 at 12:42 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Ok how old are you? Just curious because if you are still a teenager then I can see why they may initially be upset. Granted that is no cause to just cut you off. But your best bet is to talk to them. It shouldn't matter that their SO's don't like you because you are their family. So give it a try. Who knows they may get over it sooner then you think just talk and give it time.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 12:44 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my brother had a baby before getting married and there still not married and my dad wasnt mad about that. I am 18 which is the same age my brothers gf was when she had a kid
    pregojessi18

Comment by pregojessi18 (original poster) at 12:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• So because your brother "had a kid" you think that makes it ok for you to? Maybe he made a mistake and they were hoping you wouldn't make the same one. Are you living on your own and supporting yourself? Can you support your child? Are you working or going to school? Are you emotionally secure? Are you in a mature relationship? If all the answers to those questions aren't yes, then I could understand why they are mad. Maybe they won't talk to you because they need time to calm down. How long have you been in a relationship? I think your father and brother understand the problems, and probably think that you don't. Try to talk to them. Tell them how you plan on supporting this child and yourself. I hope you have a plan.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 12:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Because you are the baby girl, hun. You could be 30 and they would still feel iffy about it. Dad's never want to let their little girls go and the fact that you are 18 and pregnant, its showing them both that you are now on your way to being grown. Good luck. I'd honestly just ask them and be more like it is what it is, you're happy about it and it would be awesome if they could be happy for you too.
    RyleighsMoM3505

Answer by RyleighsMoM3505 at 1:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have to agree with sweetluci. Just because your brother and girlfriend did it doesn't mean anything and frankly it is a bit immature to use that as an excuse. Not trying to be mean, but being a young parent is hard. You give up a lot. Granted if you do it right you can gain so much more. But it is a lot of hard work. What I would now suggest is you and the baby's father sit down and discuss your options. Make a plan and set goals for yourselves and make them reasonable. then take this plan to your father and talk it over with him let him know you are thinking about you and your baby's future. Tell him you only want emotional and moral support because now you have got to be a grown up and take responsibility for your action and you know that i am sure. I wish you luck. stay focused no matter what happens.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 1:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2010