Honest opinion on the VTech V.Reader

Hubby & myself will be getting iPads for Christmas this year & I'm still debating if I should go ahead & get my soon to be 4 year old a VTech V.Reader. I would like to get any input & advice from you Mommies that have this product or who has used this product. He already has the VTech Bugsby book & really enjoys it a lot. So I didn't know if we should do an upgrade or not...Please help ASAP...I found a GREAT deal on it & would like to buy it soon before they sell out =)

MsWood729

Asked by MsWood729 at 12:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We've actually bought something very similar for our granddaughter, who is 6, at several times. She seems to play with it for a few days and then forget about it. To me, it's not worth it. For that age, I still think there's nothing better than a book!
    m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 12:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I got it for my 3 year old. It's a present so she hasn't used it yet but for the last 3 months, it's the first thing she makes a bee-line to in the store. Then she gets upset when I tell her we have to go. She really wanted it so I did.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• @ Jademom07: My son is like that with he V.Reader & the MobiGo. My mom got him the MobiGo as a Birthday present, but I'm still unsure about the V.Reader. I know he will play with it, but they just never want to put it on sale. We ending up getting the VTech MobiGo for $19.99 & found the games for it on Amazon for $14.50. I think I might just wait til after Christmas and see if it goes on sale then. Don't ge me wrond one way or another he'll get it...the question is just when.
    MsWood729

Comment by MsWood729 (original poster) at 1:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I just got that for my son the other day and toy story 3 for him and he hasnt out it down yet lol,he loves it and i love the fact that they have games along with the story for the kids to do. I say its definatly worth getting!
    Mama07Shorty

Answer by Mama07Shorty at 1:33 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• We have the Bugsby and love it but we got the Leapfrog Explorer from her since it has everything not just a e-reader.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Can you google reviews? Usually you can get a TON that way. Good luck.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:55 PM on Nov. 29, 2010