VTech V.Reader...ready to buy, but need advice

Hubby & myself will be getting iPads for Christmas this year & I'm still debating if I should go ahead & get my soon to be 4 year old a VTech V.Reader. I would like to get any input & advice from you Mommies that have this product or who has used this product. He already has the VTech Bugsby book & really enjoys it a lot. So I didn't know if we should do an upgrade or not...Please help ASAP...I found a GREAT deal on it & would like to buy it soon before they sell out =)

MsWood729

Asked by MsWood729 at 12:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Where is the deal? What is it? I have been trying to decide on one for my almost 4 year old.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 12:54 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I personally don't think the v-readers are necessary or really helpful. Read with your kid. It's free and easy. It's also better for bonding. Do you want to say that YOU taught your kid or that some machine did?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 4:50 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• @ tootoobusy: It's at Walmart.com You get the VTech V.Reader system & one book for $63.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Comment by MsWood729 (original poster) at 5:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010