• In the Spotlight:

Pagans please...

I am feeling so disconnected from the earth and anything divine/spiritual. It used to be so easy to have a connection, and now I just feel so lost and can’t seem to find it. What are some ways you reconnect to the earth and to the divine? Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• I guess it depends on why you feel disconnected. Usually when I am getting that feeling it's because of stress in other parts of my life. Once I focus on letting go of those other stressers I can feel much more connected. Go spend some time WITH nature, not just in it, make a point to do some deep meditation & let go of those things in your life which are getting between you and your higher power. I would suggest you do some grounding as that will help you to dis-spell built up negativity and open the channels between you and nature. If you are struggling with something larger, then I would say put some time and focus in to riding yourself of that aspect first...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Go into the woods and meditate, spend time with nature like it is an old friend you've lost touch with. I also get disconnected from time to time, mostly because of work and bills and every day to day life stressers.
    Jacqui410

Answer by Jacqui410 at 3:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You can even mediate at home but try doing so outside. If you have no patio or a yard, just open your window and sit there. Even through city noise you can hear Mother Earth somewhere, just listen and find her voice. That in itself will help you feel a deep connection
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 4:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Seek joy and happiness. Be grateful for the wonders of life. Become childlike and see all of life though that perspective. Play. Laugh. Love.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 6:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• This is a very normal feeling to have this time of year when we retreat to the indoors.. and it can happen often to mothers who are focusing on "other" things :-). Do not feel bad that is the most important thing.. it will come back to you.. and it can happen any time or any place. Being away of your feelings is the biggest step. I suggest writing a journal and keeping track of what makes you feel more connected. You can try meditation, ritual baths, daily annointment, music, incense, candles.. but ultimately it is what makes you feel the connection that matters. I went through this very badly about a year ago and I started my blog, http://mamajazzy.blogspot.com which you are welcome to take a look at.. if you go back to the beginning you will be able to read about my struggles and journey with this very problem.. a year later I feel great! good luck!
    MamaJasmine

Answer by MamaJasmine at 8:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Anon, and you came into this question with a comment that is neither relevant to the question nor about anyone that has posted on this question, why?
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:23 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• For me OP, I defintely have a very difficult time with outside stressors effecting me too much. Being outside really helps. Also, being alone is important. I find that when I don't have alone time, it really effects my ability to be grounded & centered & present. Good Luck!
    BubbaLuva

Answer by BubbaLuva at 11:27 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• OP, Two words: Mud bath. Even a cleansing mud mask. Get Dirty!

Anon, Really?
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 12:48 PM on Nov. 29, 2010