What would you do ladies????

Ok, So my husband and I have been together for almost 15 years (High School Sweethearts), and married now for 6 years...and he has always been a bit of a jokster...but, he is a wonderful man.
Since we've had our 5th child I feel feel very insicure about my body and have somewhat low self esteem already. I feel like more and more often he make little jabs at me about my weight...
Like I have this picture of this girl that I use to date in high school in my wallett(my senior portrait),man she's HOT! Or he'llmake comments about what I am eating. The lateset was he calls me on the phone and tells me that he and a friend of his are having a Christmas wadger on who's wife can gain the most weight at the holidays!!! He's betting that I could and his friend that his wife could.
I kinda just laugh it off most of the time or tell him that he know's where he can shove it...but it really hurts my feelings and is getting to me.
What can I do to stop the negative comments??? HELP!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Your marriage will fail if you do not talk to him about his negativity. He needs to know how you feel, and tell him if he wants you to lose weight it will be more likely to happen if he gives you support instead of degrading you. Losing weight has to be for yourself not for him if you really want to do it you just need a little positive feedback.
    GODFIRST611

Answer by GODFIRST611 at 1:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Maybe you need to have a sit down talk. Not after he's said something but now. That way he isn't just associating your response with a 'joke'.
    Let him know that while he thinks he is being funny, you are not getting the joke and it's starting to hurt your feelings.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Just be honest with him, tell him you are already feeling insecure and that even though he is joking it still hurts your feelings and makes you feel worse...
    He sees you "laughing it off" and probably assume you think it's funny too, so like Jademom07 said, you just have to sit him down and be serious with him or he won't take you seriously
    June_Mama09

Answer by June_Mama09 at 1:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Talk to him sweetie, tell him that the things he says are hurtful. Communication is the key.
    voni681

Answer by voni681 at 1:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• He's being over the top insensitive. I'd say something like, all these comments and cracks are getting out of hand and you are hurting my feelings. Just because I may laugh at some stuff and try to be a good sport about everything doesn't mean that your comments are ok with me. So if you don't mind lay off.

Shines3

Answer by Shines3 at 1:21 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• hug
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 3:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Ask him to knock it off.
    BluDog

Answer by BluDog at 1:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You need to be honest with him about how it makes you feel. He does not know what he is doing to you. Share your feelings with him.
    tootoobusy

Answer by tootoobusy at 1:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Communication is the key.. Just like Jademom07 said you shoud sit down and talk with him about it. If you haven't said anything tio him how is he suppose to know how you feel, he can't read your mind. If i were you i would do it soon that way it doesn't continue to build up.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 1:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Tell him how he's making you feel. For years, he's been joking about whatever - I'm sure he doesn't mean to hurt your feelings, but it's obviously hurtful to you now. He needs to hear that from you.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 1:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2010