My 4 year old son is attached to my husband than to me

My husband and my son are like 2 peas in a pod. My son doesn't take to me like he does his dad. This is putting a rift between us. Also my husband is not telling me he doesn't want more kids which is heartbreaking to me. what am I to do?

Helenamom75

Asked by Helenamom75 at 1:18 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• you and your son need a date night. Get some hot cocoa and drive to a neighboring city to find the BEST xmas lighted houses. go see Tangled and share a popcorn and hold hands.

Or do something very bonding like take him for swim lessons or something very special for just u2.
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 1:36 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• its natural for that age group to favor the same sex parent over the opposite sex parent. but i agree with the bonding. do something fun. be creative. mommy time is good.
    lambdarose

Answer by lambdarose at 1:41 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• More bonding tome just you and him will do the job.
    lillady398

Answer by lillady398 at 2:45 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my 4 year old daughter is a daddys girl. we spend a lot of time together but she still willpick daddy over me.
    amymartinez0214

Answer by amymartinez0214 at 2:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My son is a TRUE Mama's Boy, we have a weekly date for just the 2 of us & I'm involved at his school. We have a Family game night & every night I cuddle in his bed with him to read a good night story. His opinion matters & although sometime I might not want to do something I'll do it anyway just to see the smile on his face. I make him feel important & I include him in almost everything I do.
    ~*~Holli~*~
    MsWood729

Answer by MsWood729 at 5:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I agree you two need a "date". As far as your hubby, I have no idea on that part, sorry :(
    Ashlynnsmommy07

Answer by Ashlynnsmommy07 at 6:12 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Make an effort to spend more time with him, doing things he enjoys. I know it is hard when the boys bond the way they do and you feel left out, trust me, but take advantage of opportunities when the two of you can do fun things together.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• just have a time for just the two of you, and do something that he likes.
    tonyalynn

Answer by tonyalynn at 1:41 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Wait, he's NOT telling you he doesn't want more, or he is? That's something separate to work out. Your son loves you, too. It may not always be like this.
    PhilsBabyMama

Answer by PhilsBabyMama at 8:53 PM on Nov. 29, 2010