my lower abdomen hurts when i pee

i am 5 weeks pregnant and my lower abdomen has started to hurt when i pee one the right side mostly and a little lower on the left side. a couple weeks ago i was in the er for sevre pain in my lower abdomen the drs said it was either an ectopic or a ruptured cyst. they did tests and found out i was a couple weeks along but my hormone levels at the end of the week went from 50 to 250 in a couple day. is the pain more likely to be a ectopic than something else?

Q.Oats

Asked by Q.Oats at 1:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Try to drink plenty of water. You could just be dehydrated. I have that same problem and when I told my doctor that is what he said so anytime I start to hurt I will drink a big glass of water and be fine. If that doesn't work you should call your OB you could also have a uti.
    angelmine2011

Answer by angelmine2011 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I had really horrible pains in my right side all the time, for a few days. At the time I wasn't pregnant, but it ended up being a bladder infection. I agree with PP drink lots of water, and try to rest. If it gets unbearable I'd call the OB, just to be sure!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 5:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Have your dr check your bladder and kidney's with a simple pee test. Those types of infections are VERY common in pregnant women and easily treated. Hope you feel better soon and congrats on the baby!
    randibosin

Answer by randibosin at 10:53 PM on Nov. 28, 2010