37 WEEKS AND FEEL READY BUT BABY IS NOT!!

I JUST FOUND OUT MY CERVIX IS STILL CLOSED AND ITS LONG OMG!! I GUESS SHE WILL PROLLY COME AT HERE DUE DATE >??? WHAT YA THINK ??? BUT DAMN I FEEL SO MUCH READY SO MUCH PRESSURE AND PAIN!!

guera1977

Asked by guera1977 at 1:24 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Just be patient, pregnancy is unpleasant and uncomfortable sometimes. But suck it up and be a woman, you owe it to your baby.
    badgirl44654

Answer by badgirl44654 at 1:25 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Cervical checks mean NOTHING. Seriously. Don't put too much stock into them. I've had women dilated to 4 for months, and I've had women closed up and thick and high and then holding a baby the next day. Don't stress too much. Most of us are very, very ready by now. Try to be patient. Baby will come when Baby is ready. Sex and walking are great for you, and may help Baby get the right idea. Hang in there, you're in the home stretch!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It might be 5 more weeks before she is ready. Maybe more and probably less...
    ??
    Finding ways to help yourself be more comfortable ~and patient, are important, obviously.

What kind of pain?
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Declining any offers to check your cervix might be a priority.
    They are optional, invasive, and very misleading.
    It sounds like you might be thinking there is a meaning behind them. *So may be better to stop that.
    doulala

Answer by doulala at 1:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Cervical checks mean absolutely nothing. Some women have long labors that take weeks for their bodies to get ready while others go from apparently nothing to giving birth within days. Especially if this is your first there is no way to know what type of labor you will have. Pregnancy is uncomfortable, but do everything you can to keep comfortable these last couple weeks and take the time to get things ready for the baby.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 1:40 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Do not worry about those. They are inaccurate. My friend was induced at 38 weeks b/c she wanted to be and ended being in labor for 26 hours. Her baby was not ready.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 1:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010