Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If I am having cramps does that mean I am probably not pregnant?

I have been having cramps off and on today I am supose to start my period Monday or Tuesday, but at the same time we have been trying to consieve. I have not had any luck yet and we been trying since the beginning of September. With my first I got on birth control then 2 months later got off of it because I deiced we wanted a baby. My second baby I wasn't on birth control, but we decided we wanted another and it took us a month to get pregnant with that one. I have been trying almost 3 months now and no luck. We have intercourse every other day - every 2 days. I lay in bed with my hips elivated and I lay there for at leat a half hour to an hour before getting up. Why am I not getting pregnant? My periods are anywhere to every 21- every 31 days, but mostly being nomore than 29 days. I am 28 years old. I am pretty healthy so I am not sure why I am not getting pregnant. But I don't want another baby so clothes to christmas since DH is a month before christmas then it is christmas and then 2 weeks and 3 days later is our youngest dd's birthday. So I have one more month to try to consieve and if I don't by that month I am going to stop for a while so that I don't get pregnant so close to christmas.

 
Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

This question is closed.
Answers (7)
  • I got cramps with my second pregnancy very bad I was hospitalized for it. they didn't know what was going on and thought my appendix was repturing. I found out a week later I was pregnant.. ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE>>
    Anonymous

    Answer by Anonymous at 1:49 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • It's only been a couple of months. Try to be patient. Cramps may mean you're getting your period, or it can be implantation bleeding.
    Doctors won't see you for fertility issues until you've been trying for a year. Each month, you have about a 20% chance of getting pregnant, if you don't use anything, and about 80% in one year. Give it time, and try not to stress out. Stress will suppress ovulation, making it that much harder, plus, stress hormones are bad for a developing fetus.
    musicpisces

    Answer by musicpisces at 1:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • No cramps do not mean you aren't pregnant. Generally I get really bad cramps and within the same day, I start my period. However when I was pregnant with my son, before I even missed a period, I just kept getting mild cramps on and off for about 3 days. No period ever came so I thought that was weird. 4 days before I was supposed to have my period I took a pregnancy test and it was positive! Good luck and be patient. The stress of trying to get pregnant can make it harder!
    Ash9724

    Answer by Ash9724 at 3:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • I had cramping for 5 days straight....thinking if was my pms (as I always get cramping anywhere from 3-7 days before AF arrives) but after being a week late, I took a HPT and and it was positive. But, your cramping can mean pms and AF is coming or implantation so hang in there and take a test if AF is late.
    miraclewaits

    Answer by miraclewaits at 5:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • Healthy couples can take up to 18 months to conceive. Remember that. It is not as easy as it sounds especially since you have been on birth control. Cramping is a very general symptom which could be from pregnancy,a period coming, bad food, flu, etc. You just need to wait it out.
    2autisticsmom

    Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • i agree
    san78

    Answer by san78 at 5:05 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

  • i am pregnant...thanks ladies
    Anonymous

    Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:08 PM on Nov. 29, 2010

Next question in Trying to Conceive
HOW TO TELL IF UR adult content

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
baby girl names?

Recently Bumped in Parenting
Homeschooling parents