Anyone dealing with a child/ baby that isn't growing?

We are dealing with a one year old that just can't grow. recently took him to a growth DR, but to me it seems that they are taking their time finding out what is going on. He just turned 1 and he only weights 14 pounds, he looks like he's about 4 or 5 months old. He has a deletion in his chromosome 4 that is rare and that could be some of the issue, but he also has a low level of a growth hormone (i can't think of the name of it at the moment). Anyone else going through this or has gone through this and if so can you tell me what to expect so that i'm not as suprised down the road. 

so far he has had 2 bone age x-rays, alot of blood work, and is getting a MRI in January

eekenney1980

Asked by eekenney1980 at 1:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Here's a bump for you, so sorry to hear that you and your family are going through this.
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 3:19 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• My friend's daughter went through that but it wasnt that bad i think she weighted 20 lbs at almost 2 years old the doctor just recommended pedisure for the growth i hope all goes well with your son and im so sorry to hear that ..
    alexia_09

Answer by alexia_09 at 1:20 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• TY I went through this some with my older one, but he wasn't as small, and we never got to the point of the blood work, x rays and MRI, so I'm at a bit of a loss at what is going on and what we can do to try to get him to gain weight
    eekenney1980

Comment by eekenney1980 (original poster) at 8:03 AM on Nov. 29, 2010