My grandson, loves to draw, I am looking to find something to help him get startes

Gran1954

Asked by Gran1954 at 2:01 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Crayola just came out with stuff that won't stain and some glow. http://www.crayola.com/products/ enjoy!!!

Answer by older at 2:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You didn't mention his age. If you are wanting to help a budding child artist, you can just go to an arts and crafts store (like Michael's) and buy him some paper and some charcoal pencils. If he is an older child or a young adult, you might check with your local community college to see if their continuing education department has art classes.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my DD did real well with those books that show you how to draw. She is almost 9 & is also an art fanatic. A little advice, don't over do the art supplies all at once. I did that & DD got uninterrested for a while because i was bombarding her with all this art stuff. She is getting back into it now that i backed off. I will remind myself not to over pressure her anymore with when it comes to her talents.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 2:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• at 5 or 6 my son loved copying cartoons, from one of those "how to draw" kits.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 2:16 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Pencil, paper
    Colored pencils.paper
    Crayons, paper

He loves it - you said that. He already love it. So simply give him supplies and encourage his efforts. Let him figure it out. Let him find the things he likes. Let him find the things that inspire him. Let him learn and grow.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 2:26 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Go to amazon and search for books for kids for drawing. I just ordered my dd a few books from there.
    buzymamaof3

Answer by buzymamaof3 at 11:04 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• Thanks everyone, sorry I didn't add his age he is 6 and does draw fairly well.
    Gran1954

Comment by Gran1954 (original poster) at 11:07 AM on Nov. 29, 2010

• You can get books from the library,just ask the librarian on learning how to draw books.
    But the best way is practice,You can show him what you know how to draw with crayons on paper,etc.
    My son loves coloring,let thier creativity soar with paper and crayons.
    raindiamonds

Answer by raindiamonds at 9:30 AM on Nov. 30, 2010