How clean is your house?

Here lately I've been having a horribly hard time keeping my house clean. My son is 20 months and into everything. There is always toys everywhere and I spend so much time picking them up that I never have time to get to everything else. Right now my carpets need cleaning from him pouring out juice/milk. Laundry is in a mountain in the closet and I never have time to go to the laundromat.And dust, oh gosh its been probably 3-4 weeks since everything got dusted...Any one have any suggestions to keep it clean or am I not the only one?

BlainesMommy09

Asked by BlainesMommy09 at 2:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Home & Garden

• Your 20 month old is a hand full right now, dust when ever you get a chance and give your focus to son which is more important, the rest can wait until you can.....

Answer by older at 2:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Sounds like my house!
    I've actually started using flylady.com. Check it out! It can help you slowly get things under control without overwhelming you.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 2:08 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Are you sure you don't live in my house? My house is a perpetual mess and the more I clean, the more it seems that I have to clean. I have decided to hire a cleaning service once a week to help me keep up. You might be able to find one that is not too expensive in your area as well.
    neebug3766

Answer by neebug3766 at 2:09 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• my house is not very clean either right now. i clean it from top to bottom every so many days and the very next day you can't even tell! dust settles really quickly in this house, i dust maybe every 2-3 days and each time a thin layer has already built up. same with vacuuming and i always need to clean it out after each run cause it fills up to the top with dirt and other crud. toys and such are picked up constantly, more than twice daily probably. i make them help me pickup their toys before naptime and before bedtime. my laundry is also piled up but i just did ALL of it on friday (family of 5 living here). it's impossible to always have your house spotless. just do what you can while he's occupied, keeping a house maintained is an all day on and off job when you have LO's running around!
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:10 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• with a tornado 2yr old...it's the cleanest at naptime and bedtime! lol
    I usually vacuum and clean the kitchen/bathroom on a daily basis, it usually always needs it! lol
    dusting and such, just when I notice it needs done.
    -mrs.mamma-

Answer by -mrs.mamma- at 2:11 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Flylady works great! I started using her website, and have since kind of made my own schedule. The trick is to not let it get out of hand; pick up toys every day, do a load of laundry every day - whatever it takes so it doesn't get out of control. Even with 5 kids, I'm able to have a day a week where I don't have to do anything, and my house is usually company ready. Don't get discouraged!! :)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Pretty clean considering I have 2 very active girls 8 and 4 It can get hectic keeping up But I would go insane if i didnt have a clean orgazied home! But its not easy! Just try to do a little each day dont get overwhelmed and think it will never get done and give up no everyday just try to motivate yourself to do a little more get into a routine what works for you do the bathroom one day than the next day the kitchen you can do it :) GL! I play music to get me motivated I have my days where I dont want to do anything but music always gets me movin......
    Truelove77

Answer by Truelove77 at 2:20 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• With a little one it's hard to keep it clean. Set a timer. Do 15 minutes in each room.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 2:34 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Just do it. I have an in home licensed daycare and keep 7 kids. I also have 3 kids of my own that are school age, a husband, and 2 dogs and 2 cats in a really big house. Its not easy and I do get frustrated alot. Sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that does anything housewise. But I run all day 5 days a week and I somehow manage to get it all done. Weekends are my time until about 5 Sunday night, then its back to cleaning again for the next day.
    jnd951999

Answer by jnd951999 at 2:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• That sounds like my house! with a family of six, three active kids, my house is always a mess during the weekends.
    joysweet

Answer by joysweet at 3:22 PM on Nov. 28, 2010