whats the most you'll spend on a christmas gift for your children?

is 285 to much for one gift when you have 3 other children?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Holidays

• It depends on your budget and what the other kids are getting I suppose.
    Kword

Answer by Kword at 2:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I have three grown ones and I am spending a lot more than that, but then again grown up toys are more expensive!

Answer by older at 2:29 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I'm cheap and if I had the money to spend then maybe I would spend alot depending on what it is and the benifits of having it.
    lillady398

Answer by lillady398 at 2:38 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I've already finished my shopping. The most I spent on one item was $25.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 2:57 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• It depends on your budget, and what's right for your family. I have paid that much for gifts in the past, and will this year as well. If it's something that they really want (iPad, etc) that's going to last, why not?
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Depends on how much $ you have to spend for them all, and if they care or not what the others' are getting, and if thats all they will get or not.
    minimo77

Answer by minimo77 at 3:28 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• $285 is reasonable as long as you have a similar budget for the other kids.
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 4:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• we spent $100 on my almost 3 yr old..and she is getting a lot! We used lots of coupons and searched online for good deals.
    bingbong

Answer by bingbong at 6:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I'm spending $200 each on my older 2 boys biggest gifts (one is getting xbox 360 4gb) and the other is getting Rock band 3 with the new 6 string guitar. But they will only be getting 2 or 3 other smaller gifts from us. My daughter (6 yrs) most expensive gift is $35 because we got lucky and her list was pretty inexpensive, so she gets a few more items than the boys probably will but they don't really mind.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 6:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• A little steep for me. My kids are lucky if I get them toys from the dollar store. I am not mainstream, so my ideas on the subject are a lot different than most. I like to keep my bank account fat, just in case something goes wrong.
    trashymom

Answer by trashymom at 11:27 PM on Nov. 28, 2010