Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

2 Bumps

What can he do to be able to see his daughter and not put up with his ex?

My boyfriend is currently having issues with his ex who is the mother of his daughter. Instead of going thru child support both agreed on making their own agreements. He gives his ex $80 a week plus he would pick his 9yr old and take her shopping and also have her spend the night. After she found out he was seeing me she decided to be mean and not let him see his child. He would drive out there but once there she would curse at him and tell him no he cannot see the child while his daughter would cry on the phone cause she wanted to see her dad. This has been happening now for the past 3wks, his ex also keeps threatning him that he is gonna get put on child support and that he would have to pay for everything and that she is gonna say he never did anything for his daughter just to get back at him for not being with her. But they were only boyfriend and girlfriend before. The way that lady is being is just hurting the 9yr old cause she is very close to her dad. What can he do?

Answer Question

Asked by sexy713cubana at 2:32 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Parenting Debate

Level 2 (7 Credits)
Answers (18)
  • my girls dad refuses to get along with me so we go through his parents when it comes to the girls, they have even handled the drop off and pick ups

    Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:37 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • He can take it to court and make sure she has to send her on dates they agreed on, ad if not she will be breaking a court order and put in contempt. Hey are you really a sexy cubana??? I am too!!!!! welcome aboard!

    Answer by older at 2:39 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • Go through the courts and get a court order. What if he had to pay child support? He would only have to pay when the child deserved.

    Answer by tootoobusy at 2:43 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • It really needs to go through the court. A judge is not going to listen to senseless venom from either side. It will be about getting the visits and child support in order. He is always going to have to deal with her and she with him. They have a child together. It doesn't matter if they were only ever boyfriend and girlfriend. I really don't see the big deal about him getting on a court child support schedule. If he really is doing what you say he is, that should not matter.

    Answer by Anonymous at 2:46 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • GO to court for court ordered visitation and assign a liaison such as his or her parents or another family member.

    Answer by But_Mommie at 2:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • He needs to take her to court. In fact, a judge will frown upon either parent trying to degrade the other or one trying to keep the other parent from seeing the child with no legitimate reasons or proof. The judge will most likely favor the parent that has the child's best interests at heart, which is obviously your boyfriend. If at all possible, record or print off (if arguements are taken place online) the conversations of your bf and his x so that the judge can see for himself that she is trying to keep the child away from you guys even though she clearly wants to be with her dad! A custody agreement will be set up in court and if she does not comply, she will get in legal trouble. Good luck.

    Answer by Ash9724 at 2:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • Go through the court. ANY money he has given toward her outside of the court can be considered a "gift" and he could be in arrears for child support. (This happened to my DH, long story, but we double paid his cow of an ex wife $7,000) Get a court order, do it through the state - or it is going to cost you a bundle.

    Answer by Scuba at 2:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • in all but two states, if parents UNmarried the other has ALL RIGHTS until the father files
    he needs to go to court to file for his rights
    if he paid her in check, then he has a record of this, he should write down all times/dates he has sen her, and money exchanged
    if they decided on agreement, i hope smart enough to have that in writing?
    he may pay more sfter court, maybe not
    but the mother has all rights as unwed mother of his child-just the way it is
    he has to file for his rights

    Answer by fiatpax at 3:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • He has to go to court and start paying child support.

    Answer by mamaofficer at 3:02 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

  • the Mother has ALL RIGHTS until the father files

    Answer by fiatpax at 3:05 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.