Any ladies out there TTCing #1 for more then 2 years?

Going on 2 years 10 months...my 34th cycle, just seeing if anyone else is in the same boat

Jess21608

Asked by Jess21608 at 2:47 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in Trying to Conceive

• Has your husband been tested during this time? Just an idea.......... We have friends who could not conceive because of low sperm count.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 2:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I went 7 years before I had my first. I ended up on chlomid, progesterone suppositories, and various shots/ultrasounds every month. Don't give up hope mama! (I have 3 kids now!)
    Scuba

Answer by Scuba at 2:52 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Thanks ladies!!! Yep my hubby was checked after our first year and he was normal for everything....he said he would get checked again if I wanted but I know its me.
    Jess21608

Comment by Jess21608 (original poster) at 2:55 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I tried for 3 years. I gave up and was looking into Abortion and then I got preggo. The second child we went straight for fertility meds and got preggo quickly. So hang in there, get with a fertility specialist to see what is making it so dam hard. And the biggest and hardest thing, try not to think about it, I know next to impossible when you are taking your tempt, peeing on sticks and become a human pin cushion, but try and relax.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:56 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I know people who have gone 2+ years and it is very, very hard I understand. In all 3 cases, they went to fertility drs. and all have had babies! I recommend you go to a specialist and give yourself a break. It can happen, but you might need just a little help, that is all!

Good Luck!!!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Just to add, my issue was a lack of hormones so I needed a little extra push. When I did get preggo, I was fine carrying the child, but also didn't have the hormones needed to give birth, without a push. So look into it, could be something that simple, just need a push.
    DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 2:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Thanks so much...If Dec is not our month I'm gonna go back in to see my OBGYN possibly for clomid. I have hypothyroidsm that has returned to normal and possibly PCOS and a short luteal phase...I don't think Fertilization is our problem I think its getting to implantation. i have never gotten a positive preg test nor have I had a miscarriage that I know of.
    Jess21608

Comment by Jess21608 (original poster) at 3:00 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• You might have a blocked tube or two. I would suggest a fertility doctor check you.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:04 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• That woul be interesting...do you have symptoms if you have a blocked tube?
    Jess21608

Comment by Jess21608 (original poster) at 6:14 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• yes 6years
    san78

Answer by san78 at 5:04 PM on Nov. 29, 2010