Portrait studio issues with policy...

SO I went in to schedule my appt for my kids today at my usual portrait studio. Every year they take 8 million pics and it takes about 2 hours then I only buy one pose, the special and by the time they get to the pose I want to buy it is the end of the session and they are cranky. PLus my son has a form of HFA so after about 30 min he can't take the attention and the crowd anymore. SO I said I only wanted a picture of them together on the white or gray background no individuals. Just a few shots to choose from of them together. I was informed that that was not an option. The studio has a protocol that requires the photographer to take a min of 200 pictures on a minimum of 4 back grounds and they are required to do individual shots! I said so seriously I can't JUST get the picture I want taken, She said no it is required, I don't have to buy them but they have to take them. AM I right to be slightly aggravated by this? Not enough to be mad but enough to want to find a new studio. How do you feel about this policy? My DH said I should have pulled the special needs card. lol.

But_Mommie

Asked by But_Mommie at 2:58 PM on Nov. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Honestly, I would just go somewhere else. Obviously, there aren't interested in customer service, they just want money.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 3:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Yep. Pull the card out...that is just a crock of you know what to get you to see all the wonderful photos they took and buy, buy, buy!!!
    spottedpony

Answer by spottedpony at 2:59 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• This is way I HATE going to a studio anymore. I have a friend that takes ours and they turn out 100% better, we can do what we want take breaks if the kids need to and it's CHEAPER.
    baby1love

Answer by baby1love at 3:06 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• They just want you to buy. Obviously. That is their policy though and if you don't like it then why not go somewhere else. I would not pull the special needs card because they could easily offer to take his pictures first and the group picture and then move on to the other little ones individuals. I am sure they get plenty of people to buy because of all the pictures that they take, you are not one of them but it is still the way that they run their business.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:03 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Just go elsewhere. JCPenney is great and have nice 20min sessions.
    FluffyMamaBunny

Answer by FluffyMamaBunny at 3:13 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• lol. I would NEVER use my child to get anything like that. I am pretty sure DH was joking... pretty sure.

Anyway I found a studio near by that will do exactly as I wish. They said they will do the together shots first and if the kids are up for it they will do some individual shots since they hold them in the computer for 30 days (unlike the other studio) It's totally up to us. It's only 8 dollars more so I'm happy.
    But_Mommie

Comment by But_Mommie (original poster) at 3:23 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Just find another studio.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 3:31 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• I wouldn't pull the card either, but I would find another studio and I would be sure to politely tell them that.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 4:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2010

• Find a better place. I totally understand. I know what I will buy and what I want!
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 5:07 PM on Nov. 28, 2010